new owner wants to own a new explorer) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new owner wants to own a new explorer)

RoAdHoG76

Reaction score
City, State
cambridge uk
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 dunno
hello there guys and gals,me and other half have become the proud owners of a beautiful 96 edition black explorer,not sure what model it is,all i know is i never wanna drive any other car now!! any help in finding out what model(xls/ xlt etc)would be appreciated.was wondering how to get hold of a nearly new RHD 2004/05 editon?no uk dealers i can find offer newer versions of this awesome motor.
keep on exploring and cheers in advance for any assistance you can offer.
RH76

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome.

Our models are only loosely based on the US models but for all intents and purposes you can call it an xlt. They stopped selling the explorer over here in 2001 so there are no newer models. The only way to get a RHD newer model is to import one from Australia or persuade a dealer to get you a RHD model direct from Ford USA.

If you read the other posts you will see we are having a get together just down the road from you soon and you would be more than welcome to come along.

RoAdHoG76 said:
hello there guys and gals,me and other half have become the proud owners of a beautiful 96 edition black explorer,not sure what model it is,all i know is i never wanna drive any other car now!!

Welcome aboard - with an intro like that your more than welcome
:D :thumbsup:

you should post a photo

thanks for the response folks),styopped selling them???? for the love of god why?? guess the 4 litre spec put some folks off eh? ive been seeing alot of rangers kicking around lately but they dont quite have the brash attitude an explorer has do they? thats a great shame,the 2005 edition explorer looks luverly,guess i'm gonna have to make do for now,ive been offerred an eddie bauer edition 2002 RHD explorer on import from japan before with 19000 on the clock for 3000(unregistered obviously) but it had some "collision damage"
to the central pillar,sounded a bit of a gamble.8000 miles is a lng way to take it back heh heh.thanks again for the response,i'l post pics soon as.she's in the garage gettin all lpg'd by gaspower uk.ready tomorrow.
keep on explorin))
RH76:)

Back