• Register Today It's free!

New owner

GunnyT

Reaction score
City, State
Abilene Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Limited
Nice to find a site devoted to the Explorer. Just took delivery of ruby red Limited this week. Traded in my Lexus IS-F. Major change. Love the new Explorer.
Added a JL Audio Stealth box subwoofer and XD600 mono amp, tinted windows and new Bridgestone tires on order to replace the Hankooks. This thing drives better than I could have asked for. Great ride! Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Rick. New to this but looking forward to joining in and learning more about our new ride.

Welcome to the forum ‘Ruby Red Ex” - be prepared to look over your shoulder every time you park at the mall. It’s that good looking!
BTW, I added a WeatherTech cargo mat, rear bumper protector, and mud guards right after taking delivery. ‘Glad I did. If you got all the high tech extras also be prepared to be amazed.

Lovin it

I have been really surprised at this vehicle. Much more than expectations. It is fantastic on the road. Tracks like on rails. My wife has a lincoln mkz and it drives better than hers. Of course I don't mention that to her since she is happy with her car.
Have heard horror stories about the my sync system but so far I think it is great..although I doubt I am using it to full capabilities.have ordered a set of Bridgestone's an awaiting for them to arrive. Heard the Hankooks were a disappointment. Discount tire offered me a good trade in plus this month a $70 rebate from Bridgestone.

GunnyT:

Get this, my wife has a Lincoln MKT that's huge and she loves it. Like you, I like the Ex Limited much better. That's "off the record" of course !

Congrats on your new Explorer and welcome to the forum, GunnyT!

Like grrtrainman said, be prepared to be amazed. Here's a link to some voice commands for MyFord Touch to get you started:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/voice-command-categories-sync-myford-touch

You can also create your SYNC account on that site (if you haven't done so already). That's where you'll setup your Vehicle Health Report, SYNC Services, and much more. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. :)

Rebecca

Nice to find a site devoted to the Explorer. Just took delivery of ruby red Limited this week. Traded in my Lexus IS-F. Major change. Love the new Explorer.
Added a JL Audio Stealth box subwoofer and XD600 mono amp, tinted windows and new Bridgestone tires on order to replace the Hankooks. This thing drives better than I could have asked for. Great ride! Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Can you shoot up some pics of the sub? Curious to see how stock it looks. I have had success with the JL subs before but also had one in my jeep that did not look OEM...

Jl audio Stealth Box

Not sure how to post pictures, but the JL audio website actually has a decent picture of it mounted in an explorer. Just put in 2014 ford explorer stealth box. Several pictures to look at. It does protrude into the cabin area somewhat but does not interfere with the 3rd row seat folding. I installed the 600 watt amp and LC2 audio controller under driver seat and remote variable gain control in lower part of dash. Had to drill a very small hole to mount but looks factory. Very pleased with results. Carpet match was very good.

As an added option I installed the Kicker Hideaway 8inch powered sub under each of the front seats and with the weathertech mats in the second row you can't even tell they are there. They sound amazing and add just the right amount of bass that is adjustable.

Awesome. Goes to show you there is more than one way to skin a cat :)

Back