Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

What's the backspacing on your wheels, I don't get any rubbing on the sway bars and I have 4" b.s..

How much TT did you do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just looked it up, my backspacing is 4.00 too. i dont really hear or feel it rubbing on the sway bars, but after my first test drive i was inspecting and saw some rub marks on each side of my sway bar.

I got rubbing on the sway bars also, it's doesn't hurt the tires. I don't know the backspacing on my wheels. I just had the offset info but they moved my wheels 1" outwards.

Tmac, I can't remember right off hand, is yours a 2wd?
Yep, I'm 2wd.

Tmac, it hasn't actually happened if we haven't seen pictures. We'll wait...

... challenge accepted.

These are from my ipod so bare with me. My friend took some better ones of mine and his ranger together, he has a 98 or 99 ranger with a 3" BL and 33"x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ w/ Pro Comp Wheels. Ill have pics up of our trucks together soon too!

Here she is at stock height:

IMG_0491.jpg

And with the 3" BL and TT

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Ill have better ones soon i hope ! :cool:

Okay, here is the finished product.

Here she is at stock height and 265/75/16 Michelins:

IMG_4393.jpg

Here she is with the 3" BL and my old Michelins:

IMG_4395.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg

And here she is folks:

IMG_4400.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

IMG_4399.jpg

September TOTM??
IMG_4404.jpg

:feedback::bounce:

Looks really good man. I do miss the look of the stock 16" XLT wheels and the BFG TA/ KO's, they have a more square sidewall.

Looking at your's I can see how worn out my Torsion Bars and leafsprings are, man no wonder I get rub on the front as bad as I do.

Here's mine with that setup and wheels with 1.5" spacers.

picture.php

picture.php

Their like long lost twins. lol

Thanks alot man, yeah i dont get any rubbing with these, i was surprised! But Im loving it! :D

You don't have lift shackles, do you?

I'm not getting any rub. I might if i start hitting bumps while turning sharp, but i haven't tested that yet. But so far, so good.
And Jerry I do not have shackles. Maybe in the future if I upgrade tire size again, but for now I like the leveled out look, or the "squat" look that i am barely achieving with my TT Lol. and thanks everyone!

I thought so, i realy like the look of your Trac without the shackles.

Well, thanky! :D Next up (visual-wise) are the bumpers/cladding, and i believe im getting some sort of roof rack this weekend from a friend so I'll see how it works out and get MORE PICS! lol.

Me and my Ranger-owning friend are planning a Truck-photoshoot next time we hang out, so get ready for that one. ;)

man, i wish i could have nice things... :p

Im droolin' over those tires Tmac. Exact ones I want... dunno if they'll fit on mine tho :(

Haha that's ironic because I because I bought mine off of craigslist! But I've seen people fit 33s and even 35s with a TT/SL combo.. I think you could do it. ask arums for some advice on fitting them but I think you should be able to fit them. They are 285/65/r16.

Haha that's ironic because I because I bought mine off of craigslist! But I've seen people fit 33s and even 35s with a TT/SL combo.. I think you could do it. ask around for some advice on fitting them but I think you should be able to fit them. They are 285/65/r16.

Tmac, you mean they're 285/75/16's, right? Which total to be a 32.8x11.4x16. I know members on both forums that ran them but did a bunch of trimming without the body lift.

yeah my fault haha 285/75/16.

But i think if i had more level ground at my house you could really see the real look of her, so im thinking later on ill get some level on-concrete shots haha.

But yeah interscope, i think these would look great on your trac! :thumbsup:
And you're 4wd right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothing too impressive, but still a milestone for her. climbed the dirt pile at work, realizing now its time for a lift and some grabbers! So easy it is to get bit by the bug.

Not too much done since I first got the st. So far just small things, K&N intake, bug deflector, stereo, and my CB. Loving every minute of this truck, missing the old sport a little though. I just got back from a trip with it from Buffalo to NYC and back, average 420 miles a tank. Did very well, highly impressed.

downsized_0925111319.jpg

downsized_0925111319a.jpg

downsized_0925111330.jpg

downsized_0925111331.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Back