New Product Announcement! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Product Announcement!

Tom@EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer
Transverse EcoBoost V6 Hydrodipped Carbon Fiber engine covers are now available. See link below.

http://shop.ecoboostpowerparts.com/...iber-engine-cover-TransverseEngineCoverCF.htm

Ford%20Explorer%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Hydrographics%20EcoBoost%20Engine%20Cover%20Explorer.jpg

Ford%20Explorer%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Hydrographics%20EcoBoost%20Engine%20Cover%20Explorer%20Side.jpg

Ford%20Explorer%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Hydrographics%20EcoBoost%20Engine%20Cover%20Explorer%20Front.jpg

Ford%20Explorer%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Hydrographics%20EcoBoost%20Engine%20Cover%20Front.jpg

Ford%20Explorer%20Carbon%20Fiber%20Hydrographics%20EcoBoost%20Engine%20Cover.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there really nice. but $340 for something i will rarely see

They look nice, but for $340, they should be made of real carbon fiber. My .02

real carbon would cost triple what this does :D

real carbon would cost triple what this does :D
I take my statement back . I just looked on ebay for carbon engine covers and they are similar in price , and sometimes cheaper . I guess I got used to paying the price for all my carbon goodies for my C63 AMG :(

be the first on the market, make your own price.

Man, a lotta coin for fake carbon.

I take my statement back . I just looked on ebay for carbon engine covers and they are similar in price , and sometimes cheaper . I guess I got used to paying the price for all my carbon goodies for my C63 AMG :(

Yah it should definitely be Real Carbon Fiber, then i would buy one for sure.

I also know what you mean cause i have a 2011 ZCP M3 and there the "M Tax" which makes everything cost way more then it should same with the "AMG Tax" lol.

Did you find some real CF covers for the Explorer somewhere?

You aint kidding a lot of money. I could be investing that in other mods for the explorer

EBPerformance, your shop site is down (Sat 3/22).

If this price includes a new engine cover (i.e, no exchange/core charge) then probably a large part of the cost is the oem part.

Btw I did a google search and DIY hydro paint kits are about $100, if people are feeling adventurous.

Personally, my engine cover always comes off as soon as I get a car. I prefer to see the engine rather than a piece of plastic. I've had 2 AMGs with fancy schmancy CF engine covers, but they always just sat in the garage. Btw BAD430BENZ, as you probably know AMG = all money gone. :)

Definitely not cell phone friendly.

Attachments

• selling1.jpg
    selling1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 500
  • selling5.jpg
    selling5.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 480
  • selling6.jpg
    selling6.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 505

it's supercharged :thumbsup: they don't make turbo kits for them :thumbdwn:

Still Awesome, you have it dynoed? it gots to be a complete BEAST!
You make me feel bad about my M mods, all i have is BMP stage 2 tune, Dinan intake/pulley and Akrapovic Ti exhaust, it is a track beast tho.

Im going to start a "Whats your other Ride" thread please post that beauty in there.

I know all about it.....$50k later :eek:

Nice C63!

Here's my other ride, 2006 S65. It used to be my DD, but it needs new front rotors ($1000 each, lol) and if I drive it everyday something expensive will break. I've had it almost 3 years and my extended warranty can't be renewed, after they covered $23k+ in repairs. Alas, All Money Gone...

These pics were at the dealer a year ago after something else broke. :)

Sorry I think I steered this thread off topic...

frtqtr.jpg

rearqtr.jpg

emblem.jpg

Still Awesome, you have it dynoed? it gots to be a complete BEAST!
You make me feel bad about my M mods, all i have is BMP stage 2 tune, Dinan intake/pulley and Akrapovic Ti exhaust, it is a track beast tho.

Im going to start a "Whats your other Ride" thread please post that beauty in there.
I sold it quite a while back . didn't have the time right now to enjoy it since the wifey is in school and my son is only 2.....so I will wait a few years and get myself a real project ( possibly the new Z06 or Audi R8 V10 or maybe my dream car...UGR Ferrari F430 :eek: )

I dynode it when it first was completed . 91oct. tuned made 650whp / 585wtq

Nice C63!

Here's my other ride, 2006 S65. It used to be my DD, but it needs new front rotors ($1000 each, lol) and if I drive it everyday something expensive will break. I've had it almost 3 years and my extended warranty can't be renewed, after they covered $23k+ in repairs. Alas, All Money Gone...

These pics were at the dealer a year ago after something else broke. :)

Sorry I think I steered this thread off topic...

frtqtr.jpg

rearqtr.jpg

emblem.jpg
thank you sir ! nice AMG yourself !

Guys we provide a new engine cover for you, not exchange. You don't have to give us anything, you order and a brand new engine cover is procured and coated for you.
If we had 10 or 20 people lined up for a carbon fiber piece I would definitely get one made but most won't spend the money on real carbon fiber at $500+ per if you want a good piece that would actually fit.
It's just an option for you, you can buy it or not, if you want to dress up your engine bay this is something you can purchase. The truck cover is much cheaper new to that's why it's a cheaper overall price.
As far as the site being down, the site is currently hosted on a godaddy quick site which is shared hosting, which can cause intermittent slowness or timeouts but it shouldn't have been down for the whole day as I was getting orders from it on Saturday. We're moving to a dedicated enterprise hosting for the cart in the next 2-3 weeks.
As far as cell phone friendly it was Saturday/Sunday on Saturdays I volunteer for the local wrestling organization and run tournaments from 6am until 9pm at night from Feb through end of May. Previous to that I volunteer coach on most Saturday wrestling tourneys from Sep through Feb.
If you email me or use the contact form I can usually get back to you within an hour, cell phone contact however is not as easy as I'm on conference calls most days from 6-noon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's almost double what the Truck one is from my understanding.
Figure around $.75 a square inch for hydro dripping retail pricing for a good hydrocarbon place, that's $470 just to coat it if you brought it somewhere.
I just paid a little over a grand to hydro carbon dip the parts on my V, all engine plastics, some exterior pieces. It's not a cheap process if done right.
I am working with another supplier to see if we can get a carbon fiber piece made as well.

Back