• Register Today It's free!

New spark plugs out....

hippyheart

Reaction score
City, State
West Plains, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Explorer Sport
Just wondering if any of you all have tried the new E3 spark plugs and what is the price for them? Just read an article on them and they sound great! :burnout: The website is e3sparkplugs.com ...

I expect, from looking at the data presented by E3, that the plugs will act in a similar fashion to the Bosh +2's or +4's which have 2 or 4 electrodes instead of 1. They tend to not work great in our Ford motors because of the way the electronics for the coils work. We need a plug that can fire one direction on one bank of cylinders and the opposite direction on the other, because that is the way the coils fire. So, ultimately, the double platinum plug tends to perform best in the Explorers.

Otherwise, try out a set, keep accurate before and after performance figures, and report your findings... That is how we learn new things. It has to go beyond manufacturer's claims around here to be credible.

As glfredrick mentioned if the plugs are not double platnium (both electrodes platnuim) they will not last as long as the OEM type. They will work fine to begin with but wont last. As any X owner will tell you, you dont want to change the plugs any more than necessary.
Depending on the age of the wires I would probably put new ones on at the same time. Any good set of wires is fine (Autozone, napa, ect.)

Thanks for the input guys! I have just replaced my plugs recently with Bosch Platinum +2's and the engine runs great! I think I'll keep them awhile! Thanks

Back