• Register Today It's free!

New Spark Plugs

xTOM153x

Reaction score
City, State
West Islip Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
I'm going to be changing my spark plugs and wires soon and was wondering if anyone has used the Champion double platinum plugs on there X and if they're good with no problems or NGK Double Platinum

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

use autolite or motorcraft!!! at 140,000 I have tried all and lost MPG and performance..

I would personally stick with Motorcraft. However if you go with Autolite, make sure its the double platinum, not the platinum with copper conductor.

I would stick with Motorcraft. I've heard that these generation of X's are "picky" about their spark plugs. The non-motorcrafts, from what I've heard, gunk up easier.

I just changed my plugs and wires because of a misfire and I'm happy to report the engine has truly come alive no more vibrations at idle and throttle response is insanely better the boot of two of the wires fell apart in my hand they were so bad whoever had the truck before me guess didnt change the plugs or wires because most of them were getting close to have to being changed. Thanks for the help

Back