New Sync (APIM) Module Installed - Unable to Download BOM Provisioning Error | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Sync (APIM) Module Installed - Unable to Download BOM Provisioning Error

brennerpromo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Garland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Focus Titanium
I recently purchase a new sync module (APIM) for my 2012 focus because the screen went blank. I went through the schematics and found it has power and ground to supply it so I ordered a new APIM from ford. I was able to use ForScan talk to the module to check the As originally built data and I was able to calibrate the screen through the Bezel Diagnostics on the screen options. The firmware isup to date as well.

Does anyone know what the this Provisioning Error is? It's asking to download BOM....(Bill of materials?) Anyone know of a way around this or will I have to take it to Ford to have them charge me $170 to set it up? I've tried the wireless wireless provisioning option and it will find any of my wireless signals. I suspect it will only find what Ford has.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks!!

IMG_1117.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread to 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology where it should have the right people looking at it.

I moved your thread to 2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology where it should have the right people looking at it.
Thank you. You can actually take it down. I created a new post already under the audio and Navigation.

A brand new APIM has to be provisioned by the dealer. Wireless provisioning is only for when the vehicle is built on the assembly line.

Back