New SYNC Update 23188 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Update 23188

How did you unzip the file? Ford told me to use 7zip to unzip it but they don’t know how.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
On my computer, using Windows, I just right-clicked on the zip file and then from the menu selected 'Open with' and then selected 'Windows Explorer'. I thought that was explained on the download procedure page but could be mistaken. It is the only procedure I've used for all the updates that I've done.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
On my computer, using Windows, I just right-clicked on the zip file and then from the menu selected 'Open with' and then selected 'Windows Explorer'. I thought that was explained on the download procedure page but could be mistaken. It is the only procedure I've used for all the updates that I've done.

Peter
I have used Windows Explorer many times to open the zipped file but now you have to use 7-zip because they are having problems with the files.

I have used Windows Explorer many times to open the zipped file but now you have to use 7-zip because they are having problems with the files.
Which web browser are you using? I use Fie Fox and don't have a problem using the right click.

Guys I'm having trouble with the update by USB. I plugged it in and started the update. I have tried FAT32 first then tried with exfat. Both performed the update but didn't get an xml file in either case. With the last time I tried it, the screen went on and off a few times and then said completed. I removed the USB and then turned the vehicle off. I opened the door for a little then shut it. I waited a couple minutes and started it back up. It is showing the new version installed but I still don't have an xml file. Any suggestions?

I have a 2021 Ford Explorer XLT. It is running on Sync 3 (sorry I don't have the latest version number).

Guys I'm having trouble with the update by USB. I plugged it in and started the update. I have tried FAT32 first then tried with exfat. Both performed the update but didn't get an xml file in either case. With the last time I tried it, the screen went on and off a few times and then said completed. I removed the USB and then turned the vehicle off. I opened the door for a little then shut it. I waited a couple minutes and started it back up. It is showing the new version installed but I still don't have an xml file. Any suggestions?

I have a 2021 Ford Explorer XLT. It is running on Sync 3 (sorry I don't have the latest version number).
That has happened to a number of people. Try waiting a week or so and check the Ford Owners site to see if it shows that you are up to date. If I remember correctly it seems that has happened for some.

That has happened to a number of people. Try waiting a week or so and check the Ford Owners site to see if it shows that you are up to date. If I remember correctly it seems that has happened for some.
OK I keep my wifi off as I can't really park close enough to my apt to connect anyway. Would they still be able to get it?

I am not sure. They can tell where vehicle is at all the time so they get the same way.

Back