New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New SYNC Version out Today (Oct. 16/22) V3.4 Build 22200

Apparently, according to a member of the Lincoln forum, the build number for the Aviator is 22110. I still have mine on a USB waiting to take a long enough drive to load it into the vehicle. I'm getting a range of 20-30 minutes?

Peter
I think mine was more in the 15-20 minute range, if even that. Im not sure if type of usb stick matters too, the stick used was a 3.0 high speed stick.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Apparently, according to a member of the Lincoln forum, the build number for the Aviator is 22110. I still have mine on a USB waiting to take a long enough drive to load it into the vehicle. I'm getting a range of 20-30 minutes?

Peter
22 minutes to update my 2021

The only issue i'm having now, is uploading the log file to Ford's site. Everything else works as it should.
Same here, does not recognize that I successfully updated my vehicle

It worked great for me once I found the link for the upload.
The update verification is not working for me.
I do see the XML file and the timestamp correlates to when the vehicle update was completed.
My XML file name is Sync_W08TBTY0_(vin of my vehicle). Is your XML file named similarly?

I used the upload link in step 4 of the instructions. Upon selecting the XML file for upload I see a green check mark indicating a successful upload very briefly then the screen immediately refreshes itself to a different page and I'm logged out of my account. When I logon again and return to the my Vehicle Dashboard I still see a notification that an update is available.

I tried two different browsers on 3 consecutive days.
My vehicle reports the update was successful and the correct version displays on the Setting page of the vehicle.
Perhaps my vehicle has a fractured software bolt.:banghead:

I do see the XML file and the timestamp correlates to when the vehicle update was completed.
My XML file name is Sync_W08TBTY0_(vin of my vehicle). Is your XML file named similarly?

I used the upload link in step 4 of the instructions. Upon selecting the XML file for upload I see a green check mark indicating a successful upload very briefly then the screen immediately refreshes itself to a different page and I'm logged out of my account. When I logon again and return to the my Vehicle Dashboard I still see a notification that an update is available.

My vehicle reports the update was successful and the correct version displays on the Setting page of the vehicle.
My file name looks like yours. Sync_WY88FK1V_(VIN) Maybe try sending member UofMEngineer a message. He might have an answer for this.

I had issues once getting the upload to work so I just gave up. A week or more later when I checked my account, it showed that the software had been updated. Not sure if that happened through the WiFi connection or not.

Peter

Same here, even did the separate log file creation method ford suggests. But when selecting the log file to upload it just gives an error. I tried chrome and firefox. Perhaps internet explorer will do the trick?

Have contacted Ford but oh well... they're being Ford.

Same here, even did the separate log file creation method ford suggests. But when selecting the log file to upload it just gives an error. I tried chrome and firefox. Perhaps internet explorer will do the trick?

Have contacted Ford but oh well... they're being Ford.
I did use Firefox with Windows 10. I think if you sent UofMEngineer a message he might be able to help.

I spoke with Omar at the In-Vehicle-Technology Team at Ford today regarding the Sync Update Verification step.
In my case the vehicle dashboard website is not recognizing that my vehicle was updated after I uploaded the XML file.

According to Omar there is a known issue with the Ford website accepting the verification upload file. They expect the issue to be resolved in a month. He was able to verify the update was successfully applied to my vehicle.

So it's a know issue at Ford. To coin a phrase, "What we got here is..... failure to communicate"

I spoke with Omar at the In-Vehicle-Technology Team at Ford today regarding the Sync Update Verification step.
In my case the vehicle dashboard website is not recognizing that my vehicle was updated after I uploaded the XML file.

According to Omar there is a known issue with the Ford website accepting the verification upload file. They expect the issue to be resolved in a month. He was able to verify the update was successfully applied to my vehicle.

So it's a know issue at Ford. To coin a phrase, "What we got here is..... failure to communicate"
Only a month to fix a site issue? 🤣

Actually got a call from a Ford rep a couple of days ago... literally stating she fully expected a MONTH OR MORE for the issue with the site would be resolved. Oh dear...

I successfully sent the update notification to Ford and it updated my vehicle info within seconds. The instructions to update ford could be written a little clearer. I wasn't doing it correctly....to get to update you actually have start from the beginning and select usb then scroll down to step 3 as it says. I had been going to update page without selecting USB and just clicking the file.

I successfully sent the update notification to Ford and it updated my vehicle info within seconds. The instructions to update ford could be written a little clearer. I wasn't doing it correctly....to get to update you actually have start from the beginning and select usb then scroll down to step 3 as it says. I had been going to update page without selecting USB and just clicking the file.
Thanks for the information.
I logged on to My Vehicle dashboard, Selected the USB Drive in step 1, scrolled down to step 4 (not 3), then selected the XML file for upload.
Unfortunately this did not register my update as completed.
The notification persists on MY Vehicle Dashboard.

1666738233069.png

The website has continuously been reporting that there was no update available for my vehicle until yesterday when the update began downloading via OTA. Took about 40 minutes and now I have 22200.

Is the update as simple as downloading it to a USB drive, and then uploading it to the vehicle?

My wife’s 2013 Explorer Limited has never been updated, and I’ve often wondered if it’s something I should look into.

Is the update as simple as downloading it to a USB drive, and then uploading it to the vehicle?
That is how it's done. Log into the Ford Owners site, enter your VIN number and it should tell you what files are available to download. They also have complete instructions. there.

The website has continuously been reporting that there was no update available for my vehicle until yesterday when the update began downloading via OTA. Took about 40 minutes and now I have 22200.
Was it OTA or via WiFi? There is a difference. WiFi being that you have to be near a hotspot or your home modem. OTA means it can update anywhere like your cell phone.

Peter

ohh I wonder if this fixes the wireless charger notififcation, when i had my explorer last( nearly 1 month ago) when playing music while iphone on wireless charging pad it would say charging, and the music would skip, then a few moments later it would again say charging and again teh music would skip
I dont have my explorer currently as it took $11,500 in damage from Hurrican Ian and has been at the shop, amazing that the hold up on the car is the moonroof glass, they had replaced the front head light, rear tail light, rear bumper, and all trim on right side of car with the rear passenger glass too...no water go in it was all paint damage and glass gouge's / scratchs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Was it OTA or via WiFi? There is a difference. WiFi being that you have to be near a hotspot or your home modem. OTA means it can update anywhere like your cell phone.

Peter
It was via WIFI

Back