New tire carrier & New pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New tire carrier & New pictures

Great looking ride. Just wish my EB Ex didnt have the extra fender flares. Wish it was just plain and simple like yours. Btw, how do you like your headlight set up? Cant make up my mind on either retrofit or just the ebay projectors. Are they the CCFL?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive been trolling craigslist to find a hitch mounted bike rack that folds down that i can modify to fit a tire mount so i can have a place to put my spare 33" tire. you beat me to it! looks good, cant wait to find all of the pieces i need to make mine.

Yep, I was just telling him yesterday that with no time to build my steel rear bumper with swing out tire carrier I'm probably gonna go this route for now as well. Funny how a 7 week old baby boy can take up all your time, lol.

Great looking ride. Just wish my EB Ex didnt have the extra fender flares. Wish it was just plain and simple like yours. Btw, how do you like your headlight set up? Cant make up my mind on either retrofit or just the ebay projectors. Are they the CCFL?

They are the CCFL lights. They put out pretty good light. I haven't upgraded to HIDs yet though.

Even without the HIDs out the light output like is it pretty clean? Hows the high beam?

Wow, nice truck!

Even without the HIDs out the light output like is it pretty clean? Hows the high beam?

Its decent. I liked it better than the stock lights. Has a really defined cut off.

With your front bumper and bumper top pad and bumper valence, did you just paint them all black or buy them else where already black? Plus with the brush guard did you have to use new bolts or was there existing bolts in place already that you used?

With your front bumper and bumper top pad and bumper valence, did you just paint them all black or buy them else where already black? Plus with the brush guard did you have to use new bolts or was there existing bolts in place already that you used?

I just sprayed bed liner on them after I scuffed them up. The brush guard come with the bolts to bolt it to the frame.

Nice truck. Im doing a 3 inch body lift this coming weekend and cant wait. yours looks really nice.

How do you like you Grabber at2's? I had them for 45k miles until someone slashed all four. Now i have BFG KM2's and are nervous for winter.

Where did you get your body lift kit from?

Nice truck. Im doing a 3 inch body lift this coming weekend and cant wait. yours looks really nice.

How do you like you Grabber at2's? I had them for 45k miles until someone slashed all four. Now i have BFG KM2's and are nervous for winter.

I really like them. Seem to do very well in all conditions

Where did you get your body lift kit from?

I ordered it from O'Reilly Auto Parts because I wanted to pay cash. I believe you can also order it on summit racing.

Hey Mounty, I ended up building my custom swing out tire carrier. Check it out, it's on the '01-05 ST board and also in the offroad fab. Board, let me know whatcha think.

I just sprayed bed liner on them after I scuffed them up. The brush guard come with the bolts to bolt it to the frame.

I really like them. Seem to do very well in all conditions

I ordered it from O'Reilly Auto Parts because I wanted to pay cash. I believe you can also order it on summit racing.

Do you remember what brand you ordered from O'Reilly's? Plus did you remove the front bumper to paint it, or paint it with it installed? Thanks for any info.

Do you remember what brand you ordered from O'Reilly's? Plus did you remove the front bumper to paint it, or paint it with it installed? Thanks for any info.

The kit I ordered was the PA kit that everybody orders.

When I Herculined them I took them off. When I sprayed them with raptor I left them on.

The kit I ordered was the PA kit that everybody orders.

When I Herculined them I took them off. When I sprayed them with raptor I left them on.

When you did the Raptor liner on your bumpers did you take both front and rear bumpers off or just spray the vehicle with them both installed?

Very nice x

Well thanks to the rock sliders the side of my truck was saved the other day.

I walk out of class to find these
394466_349932065018549_100000052767585_1454409_719840929_n.jpg

I was hoping the rock sliders would save my body and sure enough they did.
408259_349932765018479_100000052767585_1454413_760774144_n.jpg

Best of all the red paint that the car left on the sliders comes right off. I will be looking for a red car with front end damage driving around campus.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! Those are my next project (or skid plate). Guess they can be called car sliders, too?

Back