• Register Today It's free!

New Tires

blang

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Eddie Bauer V8
My wife's 05 Eddie Bauer 4X4 is needing some new tires. I am thinking about the Firestone Destination LE's or the Bridgestone Revo Dualers. Anybody have any suggestions for tires. Truck is driven on roads only never off road. Would like good traction in snow and wet roads. Also a fairly quiet ride.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TireRack.com is your best source for brand comparison.

I have the Destination LE tires on my '04. Not a bad tire but just not as good as I expected in the snow. My next tire is going to be Cooper CTS. I worked at a local auto repair shop and we sold/installed alot of Coopers on cars and trucks and nothing but good results from them. The CTS has an 80k tread life warranty and are a very good looking tire. Just another option for you....real good tires at a decent price.

Hated the OEM Goodyears that came on my 2002 Limited Ex, replaced them at 50K miles with Michelin X Radial LTs, OWL in the OEM size.

Made it a whole new truck. Rides much smoother, and the grip was good back when I lived where it snowed. Over 54K miles later they still have over 1/2 the original tread depth left and still ride great.

Got them at Sam's Club installed for <500, if I remember correctly.

Tire rack and also Consumer Reports rated the General Grabber HTS as the top tire

My wife's 05 Eddie Bauer 4X4 is needing some new tires. I am thinking about the Firestone Destination LE's or the Bridgestone Revo Dualers. Anybody have any suggestions for tires. Truck is driven on roads only never off road. Would like good traction in snow and wet roads. Also a fairly quiet ride.

Have the Destinations since fall and love them. Not as aggressive a other tires but quiet, decent in the snow and said to wear very well.

Rated at highest level, along with others, on TireRack.

I just put a new set of Goodyear Fortera's on mine about a month ago. 255/70/16. So far, I love them. Treadwear rating of 720, Traction A, and Temp B.. They are also a very attractive tire and seem to be fine..

Tire rack and also Consumer Reports rated the General Grabber HTS as the top tire

This is the way I was set to go until I realized that my full size spare had nearly no mileage on it. So, I was able to just buy 3 and put that one in the rotation. Had I not had that option, it was General Grabber all the way. Can't beat the price and the exceptional rating they got from 2 unrelated sources.

They don't have the greatest wear resistance in those ratings, but they are most definitely the best bang for the buck.

I got the destination A/T's on mine and i love them they also look very aggresive :)

I had michelin cross terrains on mine. great tire especially in snow. during the last 2 blizzards never got me stuck or spun out. Even in that first initial coating on the roads when it just started it performed great.

I got the destination A/T's on mine and i love them they also look very aggresive :)

i've had these tires on my truck for a couple months now and absolutely love how these tires have performed. traction in the dry & wet is great & they perform very well in the snow. having put them through two nor'easters dumping 18"+ of snow in the last month in my area i was able to really test how well they would perform and my truck never skipped a beat. i don't think these tires make any more noise on my truck than the stock BFG Rugged Trails did and the difference in fuel economy is negligible. this is an awesome tire for the money, the problem is trying to find them in stock anywhere, when i bought mine they were in high demand

I put on the General Grabber HTS awesome tire. Great in the snow and wet roads.

I am a huge fan of the Michelin LTX M/S. I have them on both my '96 and '04. Excellent tread life, very quiet on road, excellent wet weather, and also did very well in snow/ice this winter!!

I do have LTX M/S's on my sport trac and I love them. The only reason i did not get them is on my 05 explorer it has the 245/65/r17's and they only make the LTX M/S' are in blackwall and I like raised white lettering.

my 03 had the Destination LE's...

wasnt overly impressed with the tire, but they did ok in the snow atleast up until some jerk off ran me off the road totaling my X...

i now have an 05 XLT with brand new Michelin Cross Terrains. the ride is about the same on road as the Destination LE's. they have a slightly more aggressive tread also i think. hopefully soon i will test them out on some light trails this spring...

Back