New to the forum | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Jcanderson02

Reaction score
City, State
Connecticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 ford explorer
Hows it goin everyone, im Jim im new to the forum have been reading alot lately and figured id register so i can have a part in the conversations. Ive been reading alot about the lifts and leveling of the 3rd gen explorers. I have an 02 that is currently stock i love it. Im looking to just level out the front raise it up maybe an inch or an inch an a half. I want to be able to fit around 255/70/16 or 255/75/16s . Im planning on getting wheels and tires soon was wondering about the backspacing or offset on the wheels. Im lookingg for the tires to stick out an extra 2 inches maybe to give it a beefier look. When im ordering rims what would a good backspacing or offset be on the rims?? Im looking to get the soft 8 black wheels keeping it kind of simple dont want a large lift just want to fit those tire sizes without rubbing especially in the front turning the wheel. Ive read alot on here and read alot of different things. Hope someone could help me out

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hows it goin everyone, im Jim im new to the forum have been reading alot lately and figured id register so i can have a part in the conversations. Ive been reading alot about the lifts and leveling of the 3rd gen explorers. I have an 02 that is currently stock i love it. Im looking to just level out the front raise it up maybe an inch or an inch an a half. I want to be able to fit around 255/70/16 or 255/75/16s . Im planning on getting wheels and tires soon was wondering about the backspacing or offset on the wheels. Im lookingg for the tires to stick out an extra 2 inches maybe to give it a beefier look. When im ordering rims what would a good backspacing or offset be on the rims?? Im looking to get the soft 8 black wheels keeping it kind of simple dont want a large lift just want to fit those tire sizes without rubbing especially in the front turning the wheel. Ive read alot on here and read alot of different things. Hope someone could help me out
Hey.‘I am lookin for the same thing u are (with 265/70/16 fallen wildpeak at3w’s)….( NOTE: I didn’t read any of the ‘replies’ yet)…

Hey.‘I am lookin for the same thing u are (with 265/70/16 fallen wildpeak at3w’s)….( NOTE: I didn’t read any of the ‘replies’ yet)…
The post you are replying to is from 2013.

Welcome Jim.

Back