• Register Today It's free!

New Torsion Bar for lift????

rockymntnhi

Reaction score
City, State
Pueblo, CO.
Year, Model & Trim Level
98' Sport
Hello..... I did the torsion twist and got 1 1/2" of lift . The new issue of Offroad Mag. Says that a Stiffer after market Torsion Bar will add 1-2" of lift . QUESTION???? Can I add a stiffer torsion bar and perform the Torsion Twist on it as well, for a combined lift ?????? I figured if that'll work it would be around 3" of lift. THNX for any help..........

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't want to do that. If you put that much lift with your torsion bars you can buy about ten sets of CV joints because you will tear them up. 1.5 inches of lift with your torsion bars is fine, you don't want to twist or lift your front end that much anyway. You can do 2 iches at the very most, but my limit would be 1.5. You can upgrade your bars if you'd like something stiffer, but you don't want to lift your front too much.

but what about with two wheel drive? is 2" still the max amount you could go up?

Thanx for the info. I guess the only other way is a body lift???

cool, thanks. so you think i would be okay with the stiffer bars and perhaps an add a leaf along with my war153's? you think that i would have a total of four inches or so?

There is still only so far that you can lift your 2WD before the bottoms of your tires are closer than the tops of your tires (camber). You'll wear the outer edge of your tires prematurely and it'll handle like crap. The steering will be overly sensative and dart around. If you get the camber realigned, there is only so far they can go to bring it back closer to within specs. If you go too far on your lift, they won't be able to align it.

Back