help...installing new torsion bars | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help...installing new torsion bars

BigDave!!!

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 2WD
I have some f rated t bars on my truck and after a day full of offroading the front of my truck sags about 1.25" and my bolts are all the way tightened too. I am going to the ford dealer now to get some B rated bars and I was wondering if anybody knew how to install them. I figure it would be a little more than just loosening the old ones out all the way and pulling them out so if anybody had any info it would be great. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ya need a 2 jaw gear puller to get them out. You have to relieve the pressure on the bolt adjuster plate to get them out. It's pretty easy to do. Doesn't take very long to do either...

thanks a lot i just ordered them at ford and the guy at the dealer said you needed some special ford part an it would take 1 and a half hours a side to do them. wanted to charge me $300 to do it! ahhh man what a riot

did you get a part number for the b rated bars?

Ford parts network can give you the part number for the b rated torsion bars, one of the sponsers on this site, I also have a set for sale if your intereasted.

Back