New Tracking Toy | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Tracking Toy

If you have an iPhone and the Shortcuts app installed, I’ve created a iOS Shortcut that asks you for your VIN and then pushes that info to the Ford order tracking site and pulls four pieces of info:

Production Date
Primary Status
Status
Shipment Date

You can also program the shortcut with Siri to ask the car status. I made mine “Car status”, so I can ask “Hey Siri, Car Status” and she will respond “Built: 2019-07-19, In Production, Returned from Offsite and Ship Date: ”

Simply make sure you have the Shortcuts app installed and follow this link on your iPhone to install the shortcut. It will ask for your VIN on the first run - from there you can get your status any time….

Use this link on your iPhone
[ Shortcut ]
(you might need to copy the full URL from your browser since this forum auto-shortens long URLS)

Enjoy.

IMG_38B7DAFC978B-1.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for sharing! It'd be awesome if it provided last update with location (like vehicle visibility).

Mine has a status of Arrived Rail. Production date on the tracker says 7/17, but window sticker shows 6/28.

Thanks for sharing! It'd be awesome if it provided last update with location (like vehicle visibility).
Mine has a status of Arrived Rail. Production date on the tracker says 7/17, but window sticker shows 6/28.

It can only report the data it has access to. If we can find a better source to parse I can try to use that one.

Pretty sure the window sticker date is always a planned production date, and that the tracker has the exact date of production completion.

The window sticker date is the date of production or at least the date it starts. If it starts on 7/30, it may not finish till 7/31 but it will show 7/30.

The tracker or any other system may show a later date because it was held up for some reason like the recall, or secondary inspection etc). It will show produced essentially once Ford releases it and says it is completed on their end.

Hmmmm … Today, I noticed a discrepancy among the three (3) order-tracking utilities available to us. For my 2020 Explorer Platinum, the Ford tracking site (Ford Vehicle Order Tracking) and the first alternative tracking site mentioned in the first post of this thread show "Awaiting Shipment" as current status. However, the German Mustang Tracker website says my Explorer's status remains "In Production."

I suspect the Ford tracking site and the first alternative site are correct, and for some reason the German Mustang Tracker is showing obsolete information.

The pro’s name for the window sticker is the “Monroney”. Here’s Robert Peele in the January 2, 2009 New York Times:

ONE of the less noted milestones of the year just ended was the 50th anniversary of the window sticker, the now-ubiquitous price sheet that has helped to make new-car purchases a bit less confounding since the late 1950s.

Before then, car buyers often had no idea what was included in the cost of a vehicle. Between the factory and the dealer’s lot, hundreds or even thousands of dollars of extras — including exorbitant shipping charges and a multitude of options, some more valid than others — could be added to the price.

The Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958 changed all that by requiring new cars to be labeled with the suggested retail price; details about, and prices for, standard and optional equipment; and other consumer information. The labels became known in the auto industry as Monroney stickers, named for the Oklahoma senator who pushed for passage of the legislation.

The motivation of Senator Almer Stillwell Monroney, a Democrat known as Mike, has become the stuff of urban legend. According to one story that has made the rounds in Detroit over the years, the senator’s daughter (or niece) had been cheated by a car dealer, prompting the lawmaker to use the might of the Senate to ensure that others would not be similarly misled.​

Back