Newbie Inside :-D

registered

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 & '93 XLT
Sup everyone,

I'm 17, own a '93 XLT Exploder.....ohya. Was searching around for lifts and what not and found this place. Seems like a pretty cool setup you guys have here. Lots of helpfull information. I was wondering what everyone would thin would be a nice not HUGE lift for my ride? I just want a nice lil lift and some bigger tires :p nothing huge. :) But nice lookin. I probably will be getting a hookup with some audio/interior stuff to go with it all :) Thanks everyone :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site... Do a search and you will find everything you are looking for... The first major ? is how much lift are you looking for? What tire size do you plan on running? Stock tires equate to being a 28.8" diameter tire....

registered said:
Sup everyone,

I'm 17, own a '93 XLT Exploder.....ohya. Was searching around for lifts and what not and found this place. Seems like a pretty cool setup you guys have here. Lots of helpfull information. I was wondering what everyone would thin would be a nice not HUGE lift for my ride? I just want a nice lil lift and some bigger tires :p nothing huge. :) But nice lookin. I probably will be getting a hookup with some audio/interior stuff to go with it all :) Thanks everyone :)

Welcome to the site....love the username actually...LOL

Anyways...check the lift kits and suspension section here for lots of ideas....The cheapest you could do is to get 2" of lift and 31" tires.....

Welp, I've looked around a bit and thinking about about as was said the cheapest...since im young and have not much money :p Anyone wanna throw up good brands and such for a 2" lift and some 31" tires? also does that mean a 2" suspension lif or a 2" body lift. I believe I understand the difference but ya thanks for your help :)

Welcome!!

welcome to the site. Depending on if you are looking for a body lift or a suspension lift, there are two 2" lifts that are pretty cheap. Skyjacker makes a 2" suspension lift for $182 and Performance Accessories makes a 2" and 3" body lift for around $90. Either of these would be a good start.

Welcome to the site. Do lots of search's and check out everyone photo's that will help you a lot.

Welcome to the site!! :)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :) And I have a good idea on what I am thinking of doing when I finally get the money. 2" suspension lift with a 3" body lift sitting on some 32's if not bigger if I can fit them. :-D

Thanks for the welcomes everyone And I have a good idea on what I am thinking of doing when I finally get the money. 2" suspension lift with a 3" body lift sitting on some 32's if not bigger if I can fit them. :-D

Welcome! With a 2" suspension and 3" body lift you can clear 33's with a lil trimming.

Welcome! I'm looking to do the same thing. How much do 31s or 32s destroy your gas milage and acceleration?

Depends on what stock gears u have.

Dang that is a good question. Moreso the acceleration part for me. Cause I zoom around in my exploder everywhere :p And I like to keep the exploder moving :p

It will cost a lot more money, but you could always get the 32s or 33s and save up for lower gears, so you'll get better gas mileage and quicker acceleration than with stock gears on 33s.
registered said:
Dang that is a good question. Moreso the acceleration part for me. Cause I zoom around in my exploder everywhere :p And I like to keep the exploder moving :p

Back