• Register Today It's free!

Newbie needs lift advice

BigJnSA

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mounty AWD
hello all. ive been looking at your website for the last few weeks and really like it. this is my first post and probably a simple question. i recently bought a 1993 eddie bauer 4 door, 2wd. i would like to put some bigger mud terrains on it for a tougher look. more than likely, it wont see any off roading, i just want a meaner looking truck. i know most have said 29's, but i want at least a 31x10.5 15 or wider. also, i want to do a small lift as cheaply as possible. i was considering a 3" body lift until i read you guys did a "torsion twist" and shackles. i believe that is enough lift for the tires i want, but im asking for your advice. i dont know if a TT is applicable to my 93. if that is the cheapest route, should i take it to 4wheelparts or can a tire/muffler shop do it for cheaper? ive also read about a coil spacer and add a leaf. is this a better or cheaper way to lift? any advice is appriciated. thanks in advance!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TT will not work on a 1st gen (91-94) only 2nd gen and up. Coil Spacers and AAL or shackles will be the best route for you to take. Cheap and not to difficult to do. I'm sure someone else will chime in here and add on to what I've said.

Travis, thanks for your input. one more thing i forgot to ask is about shocks. will i need new ones? also, lemme get this straight....i do coil spacers up front, and aal or shackles in the rear? which way is cheapest, because i believe i dont have the necessary tools and expirence to do this by myself. finally, about how much would be fair for this job (parts and labor) ? thanks alot!!!

Yeah that's right, coil spacers up front and aal or shackles in the back. As far as shocks go I don't know for sure if you NEED them but it's recommended that you get some. I'm not really sure what brand or whatever to get with your setup. As far as the price, I'm not sure on the labor it varies from place to place. Shackles you can get a cheap pair from AutoZone or Advanced Auto Part for like $23, and coil spacers you can get from your local ford dealership. They are actually 96 (?) F150 coil seats. I believe they are around $13 a piece, might want to check. Overall it's pretty cheap.

You can get the cheap shackles or you can get warriors from tellico4x4, desertrat, or 4wheel parts.

Originally posted by VBVA
You can get the cheap shackles or you can get warriors from tellico4x4, desertrat, or 4wheel parts.
Yeah Warriors are recommended but I know he said he wanted it to be cheap so I suggested the cheap ones.

Back