NHTSA investigates Ford Bronco 'catastrophic engine failure' reports | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NHTSA investigates Ford Bronco 'catastrophic engine failure' reports

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Broken valve springs also are a plague to chevy- gmc trucks.

Small V8 get broken spring replaced. Large V8 get all springs replaced.

Nothing to address the damaged piston and valve

50 known engine failures so far. The way I've seen the headlines I was expecting hundreds of thousands of bad motors. The vm 3.0 diesel used in the dodge trucks and jeeps has a higher failure rate.

50 known engine failures so far. The way I've seen the headlines I was expecting hundreds of thousands of bad motors. The vm 3.0 diesel used in the dodge trucks and jeeps has a higher failure rate.
You could be right that the number failing is low, but that 50 is only what was reported in a single forum.

Plus the article was dated June 3rd, but the forum topic referenced was updated June 18th and already 5 more, 55 now.

You could be right that the number failing is low, but that 50 is only what was reported in a single forum.

Plus the article was dated June 3rd, but the forum topic referenced was updated June 18th and already 5 more, 55 now.
I'm sure there is more than that number out there, just seems like covid where a 2% failure rate is the end of the world. I hope ford does a good job making it right, in the end that is what matters most. Things happen, nothing is perfect.

It sounds like they found some new cheap valve springs, for a good price.

Back