Nitrous tips / general info | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nitrous tips / general info

Hey Gents,

Just wondering anyone has tips that aren't in the instructions or are not common knowledge when it comes to nitrous.

I just got the ZEX dry nitrous kit like many of you have and was hoping that you'd post any little helpful install hints (although Alec's instructions are pretty darn thorough), quirks, or maintenance tips.

The 1st question for the NOS info thread:

How should the NOS system be treated or maintained during the winter/freezing months? Should the tank or lines be removed for the winter?

Thanks!!

With modern day nitrous systems no one should ever be afraid of them.

And yes with the purge system it can and is meant to do two things. The first being getting liquid nitrous through the lines thus getting a pure liquid nitrous shot right away versus waiting a split second for it to come and kick in.

And another is like you asked. So at the end of the day when you still have nitro in your lines but dont want to run it one last time to purge it is to just turn off the bottle and then purge. But if you want you can either do what Alec said or just turn the bottle off and then run one last little shot till it runs out and in essence purges itself. If I were you I would just go with the purge kit. It makes things much more simpler. And it looks cool too. Though it can get expensive. lol.

Yeah Drew. You can run a 100 shot on your truck with no problem. Just do a check to make sure everything is running in fine working order. Your stocker fuel pump should be able to handle it. But if you plan on using it alot like it sounds like, then you might want to get a bigger fuel pump like the GSS342 from Walbro which is a 255 lph fuel pump. They only cost like $115 too, and arent hard to install or anything. That would give you peace of mind that you wont be running lean anytime soon.

Back