NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NJ Pine Barrens Run: Weekend of April 5-6

April 5th or 6th

• Saturday April 5th

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Sunday Apritl 6th

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
who's all still going saturday?i know im a defanite

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no, trucks fine, i knew i was more than likely gonna have to miss this one, i just held off in saying anything

I should be okay. I now have two driveshafts but I have to change the front pinion seal and try like hell to get the snorkle on before sat. I also want to extend the breather lines. Who else is in?

josh u should be alright without the snorkel,i dont have one,and i was fine last time,granite i had water come over my hood twice,and had to change my air filter,u should be ok without a snorkel cause of how high you are

I just don't want to take a chance, if I don't have to. I have everything except for the cap, it may come tom. The open cone filters are good for performance and sucking up deep water. Remember Jason's shallow puddle stall? He is 2" higher then me!

im definately going, gene is working on his steering hopefully he'll be able to go too if he goes he's going to have one ride along and im going to have one ride along

josh if u get the chance to put it together then def. do it.. cuz its supposed to rain bad on friday whoch means there will be a lot more water than last trip... seriously guys i would highly suggest a snorkel.. being the water was deep before and now its only gonna be deeper.. and specially if were going out in the rain u dont wanna have to pull ppl out in the rain u kno.... im still gonna try to make it.. it depends on if matt can get his last minute stuff together... snorkel ... wires... and som other misc. stuff before sat morning.. i may have a ride along as well as another truck (89 ranger?) on 31s, but well see what happens... ill let yall kno as soon as possible.... so lets get a pm out again with numbers if we can cuz i dont think i hae ver many.. i have jeff john and jay and i think thats it.. so anyone else wanna shoot me a pm with ur number so we can keep in contact.... ill send mine to anyone who wants it.. i have nextel if anyone else does...

Since I'm organizing the run, if EVERYONE who is planning on showing up on Saturday morning could please PM me their cell phone number. I'll keep the list private, although if everyone is OK with it, I'll compile a DJOR "contact list" in Excel for future runs, etc.

I'll update the 1st post with the list of people who are coming, as I receive the info.

Capt Buzzkill/Safe 4wheeling tip #69:

Also, regarding the whole snorkel thing: Most of the hydrolocking we've seen on the trail has been due to charging into a puddle at high speed, causing 1) water to be forced into the intake and 2) a large "Wave" rising up around the truck on entry. Since we all have 4wd, and will AIR DOWN for traction if it's really nasty out, driving in slow to water that is 2' or less should prevent sucking it into the intake. It's not as fun, but your engine will be safe.

sounds good to me, i am still planning on coming but if there is flooding around my house when i wake up to leave it probably won't happen. V8 can you PM me your number back? Also are you caravaning down with aleej or anyone? I'd be interested in meeting up as i get lost easily:D

andy96 where u coming from??

central jersey, somerville/bridgewater/princeton area-ish lol... well they are all about 20 minutes from me:D

josh if u get the chance to put it together then def. do it.. cuz its supposed to rain bad on friday whoch means there will be a lot more water than last trip... seriously guys i would highly suggest a snorkel.. being the water was deep before and now its only gonna be deeper.. and specially if were going out in the rain ...

Exactly, I didn't go before but the pics say enuff. The water is giong to be deeper and I don't want to take a chance if I dont have to. I got word today that the snorkle cap will be here tom. so if I stay late at work I should be able to get-r-done!

P.S the exploder is AWD again with a new pinion seal!:D

anyone in the somerville/bridgewater/princeton ish area interested in caravaning?

Still looking for contact info if you're coming, in case plans suddenly change.

andy 96 id be interested although im still not positive if im in.. the truck was running funny last night so unless we can get her reliable then im out... but if i go ur welcome to follow.. less u got room for 2 in which case ill direct as u drive... (id pitch in for gas /food etc) ...

how was the weather up there today? we didnt get any rain after about 6 am. Is everyone still a go?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back