• Register Today It's free!

No alignment needed after TT?

EK98

Reaction score
City, State
Keizer, Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4x4
Went to Les Schwab after I did my 2.25" TT to have an alignment done and they ended up not charging me because they said the alignment was within the correct parameters already. This seemed odd to me since everybody here seems to get an alignment done. Anybody have the same experience after doing the TT?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe yours was just way off beforehand :p:

Or they were lying to you...:shifty_ey

I don't think it was off before the TT. My tires aren't worn down on the insides and I wasn't getting any pull one way or the other when driving. They gave me a printout of the measurements they took. I'm not sure exactly what it all means though. I'm just wondering if I should take it somewhere else to have them check. I don't want to have to end up buying new tires because of an error.

the alignment must have been whacked out to start with,
i worked in a front end shop i have seen it,, guys bring in trucks after lifts , and they can be right on the money , or within the parameters,,
but i might try to take it somewhere else to get a second opinion,,
the nature of a TT cannot allow it to be right withoput adjusting,

Mine didn't change either.

My TT was..... 30,000 miles ago, maybe?
Many rotations since then, and the same BFG AT's are still wearing evenly.

Same experience for me when I went for an alignment after TT. No change/no charge. Been 25k-30k miles for me too.

I've been through one set of tires that wore evenly and have no unusual wear after 5k on this new set.

Strange thing is the tires looked and wore normal before the TT.

Back