• Register Today It's free!

no FM Volume

suave6565

Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Ford Explorer
I know had started a post a while back in regards to this and i do aplogize...but i was looking for a response that someone had mentioned in regards to this and searched for the post with no luck.

i have a 1996 ford explorer with the JBL sound system. the volume on the CD works fine i switch to tape...that works fine...i switch to AM the volume is good...but when i switch to FM.....its as if the radio is on mute...i try to crank up the radio's volume to the max to hear something...i can barely hear anything. i change the stations...no luck.

one of the recommendations was to check the antenna connection which i did...every thing seemed to be fine...i swaped radio's with my friend....and it did the same thing with his radio...and my radio worked just fine in his.

someone had mentioned about a part in the rear of the truck that controls the FM reciever but i have no idea where to look....i just recently changed the subwoofer and it sux to listen CD's over and over...im looking to get a satellite radio for now untill i figure how to revamp my entire system with a new radio that i had mentioned in an earlier post. in the meantime i need to have the FM working before i even think about getting sattellite radio.

Can some help me out please

Back