No HD Radio Reception | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No HD Radio Reception

So the ACM is located in the back of the Explorer?

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So the ACM is located in the back of the Explorer?

Peter
Yes. The FM antenna is on the rear window, the antenna amplifier is in the rear hatch and the ACM is below the passenger side rear window. They run audio up to the front of the vehicle I guess to the APIM. Saves running shielded cable to the front of the car but is probably the reason for the pulsating AM reception.

I thought the AM/FM radio antenna was on the roof along with the satellite antenna. There is a post here that says rear side windows have heating lines in the glass.

Peter

I thought the AM/FM radio antenna was on the roof along with the satellite antenna. There is a post here that says rear side windows have heating lines in the glass.

Peter
The antenna is a loop in the rear window. There are no heating lines in the rear side windows on my LTD.

The antenna is a loop in the rear window. There are no heating lines in the rear side windows on my LTD.
Perhaps it is just the Aviator that has the heating elements. Window Defrost Elements Peeling
This is what I have on both rear side windows of mine. A little difficult to get a good view.

Peter

rearside.jpg

rearside2.jpg

Back