No heats from VENTS and FLOOR!

jaredlangston

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, Oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 limited
No heat from VENTS and FLOOR!

Here's what's going on. I have a 99 explorer limited sohc 4.0. This has all the electric heat and a/c contols.

My problem is that I only get heat or a/c from the defrosters. No matter what setting I have it set to.

My a/c only kinda works never blows really cold air.

Also my heat has to be on the hottest setting 90 degrees to even blow heat out. Same thing with A/C only on the coldest setting. The heat gets very hot. But its either that or no heat.

No problems with overheating.

Rear vents work and rear defrosters work.

When either the heat or the a/c is on I hear a clicking sound from under the driver side of the hood. The clicking sound is about every 15 seconds. When I turn the heat off it immediately goes away.

I have looked up stuff hear and saw that it is probably the blend door. I think I can do the "nail trick". It could also be a vacuum problem. I have no idea where to look for that. But it seems like there is more to it than just that. Any photos or links would be great!

Any Ideas?

Thanks Everyone

Jared

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

also check the vacuum ball under the hood. it a line comes loose it will does the same mine did.

Blend door

Yeah, done that on my 97 explorer today but i cut open the bottom of the "heatbox" and managed to glue together the original parts of the door and put it back in place...
The upper section/hinge of the door had cracked into two pieces, i glued them and then made a small cut around it in two places and reinforced with some metal- worked like a charm and now i got cold and warm in full function again... It´s nice too have a warm car here in Sweden during the winter but full heat all the time is a little too much...driving with the windows down make people look a little funny at u..

Back