• Register Today It's free!

No Option Platinum

feman

Reaction score
City, State
Geneva, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Limited Exepedition
Im almost at the price point of Pulling the trigger. Platinum in metallic with sandstone interior. No tech or wheel upgrade. I think the huge iPad sticking is disgusting. I had massaging seats in my F150 for 3 years. Tried them once and never again. 2 less speakers ill never even notice. I wanted white but the black around the wheel wells and under the doors I couldn't take. No so noticeable on the metallic. I wonder if its a removable piece. I hadn't looked that close. I should have.

Anybody else do the no package buy?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that's a good call. The tech pkg is not very compelling. The wheel upgrade, although the same wheel as the ST, looks gawdy in chrome.

My 2020 Explorer is a "base" Platinum. I thought the huge tablet was ugly and I had massaging seats in my 2018 Platinum which I used once and didn't like.

In my opinion, the option-less Platinum has more than enough bells and whistles as is.

wrestled with the choice and went with the upgrade. The seats are more comfortable even if you don't use the massage. Now that we're used to the iPad stuck on the dash I don't think I would like the smaller screen, except for the full-screen backup display. The tablet backup display sucks. Of course you can get a better backup view if you're willing to wait for the display to load and then press the option that makes the backup display expand the width of the display. Better, but not even close to the standard display. And you have to press the selection each time. Like almost everything else on this car, it's reset, reset, reset. Guess Ford doesn't trust the owner to make choices.

wrestled with the choice and went with the upgrade. The seats are more comfortable even if you don't use the massage. Now that we're used to the iPad stuck on the dash I don't think I would like the smaller screen, except for the full-screen backup display. The tablet backup display sucks. Of course you can get a better backup view if you're willing to wait for the display to load and then press the option that makes the backup display expand the width of the display. Better, but not even close to the standard display. And you have to press the selection each time. Like almost everything else on this car, it's reset, reset, reset. Guess Ford doesn't trust the owner to make choices.
This is all true but my 2013 Lincoln MKZ was annoying because the touchscreen would reset to the home screen on each startup and all heated/cooled seat settings and steering wheel heat would turn off as well. This is definitely an improvement on the 2020. Seat heat/cool/steering wheel are where you left them before.

Back