No power to distribution box | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No power to distribution box

It’s ok! I’m used to it I mean… that is what conversion means

The problem is trying to remember everything when on the forum. If they were all alike I could have built a simple 5.0 swap into your rbv harness but every conversion is different in one way or another

The easiest 5.0 swap is right into the 98-02 ranger or sport or sport trac

It gets more complex from there! I have completed the swaps on 83-07 trucks now and I’m pretty sure I can get a 5.0 explorer drivetrain to run in anything lol
This is why I decided to swap the ranger body onto the explorer frame so I didn’t have to worry about trying to make things work 😁

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interesting approach!
So your ranger on explorer frame is it spring under in the rear axle? Can we see pics?

Interesting approach!
So your ranger on explorer frame is it spring under in the rear axle? Can we see pics?
Somehow missed this, I’ll post a few pics tonight when I get home!
Finally got all the electrical working now, it was a ground cable in every instance. And it should have know this has it the stock explorer wiring with nothing altered at this point lol

lots of photos of you want to see anything else

PXL_20210513_003304005_Original.jpeg

PXL_20210513_003700040_Original.jpeg

PXL_20210903_221852296_Original.jpeg

PXL_20210917_032056938.NIGHT_Original.jpeg

PXL_20210728_224903396_Original.jpeg

PXL_20210918_212057251_Original.jpeg

Under hood, explorer gas struts fitted to ranger as well

IMG_1453_Original.jpeg

Forgot to add that the bed is not mounted to the frame at the moment and will require new mounts to do so. The bed needs to go back a couple inches as you can see, the plan is to have someone fabricate an extension at the front end of the bed to hide the gap, and to the untrained eye will look stock.

Back