• Register Today It's free!

No start. help!

jtexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Bismarck, ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
1987 Bronco II
1987 Bronco II. After driving my BII all day no problems, i went to a store after work. when i came out it wouldn't start. It just clicks, but it's not the starter clicking. It's coming from the rear of the engine bay. The battery has plenty of juice. If i try to jump the solenoid it does the clicking as well and it drains the power and when i remove the jumper the fuel pump primes again and the cd player resets. My guess as of now is a short between the solenoid and the starter? Does this make any sense? What about a bad crank position sensor? Everything looks normal when i turn the vehicle on, except if i turn the headlights on (when it's not running), everything goes dead.

I've had similar incidents but it's usually as simple as cleaning and tightening the battery terminals, and that did not help this time.

Has anyone come across this problem? Any help much appreciated. It push-starts no problem. Thanks. -Joe

Problem solved. Thanks for all the help! -Joe

Wire between battery and starter solenoid is shot. Don't ask me how it caused those symptoms.

Back