No Start Issue - Injectors not firing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Start Issue - Injectors not firing

old_manXJ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Edie Bauer 5.0L
I've got a 96 Ford Explorer with a 5.0L. It failed to start for my daughter after sitting for 30 minutes. It cranks fine but does not fire. It is not getting any fuel. I can spray carb cleaner in the intake and it fires up and runs for a few seconds. I have fuel pressure at the shrader valve on the injector rail.

Is there any common fault that will cause a loss of injector drive other than the ECU? I haven't even had a chance to check the fuses yet.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you getting spark? I would check the coil first.. check for any cracks or loose connections.. If the coil checks out fine I would check for spark at the plug.

It is likely that you "lost" your cam shaft position sensor which "tells" PCM to "squirt" the injectors.... wire... ground ... or sensor itself.

It is likely that you "lost" your cam shaft position sensor which "tells" PCM to "squirt" the injectors.... wire... ground ... or sensor itself.

Wouldn't that also screw up the ignition timing, which is fine?

nope.... that is derived from the crankshaft sensor.

have you tested to see if the injectors get a signal to fire, i believe it's a 12v pulse that fires the injectors. start there and let us know what you find.

Back