No start no crank theft light I want to eliminate the pats system how do I do it | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No start no crank theft light I want to eliminate the pats system how do I do it

Helpfull

Reaction score
City, State
Bath, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford explorer XLT
2002 no crank I want to know how to completely disable pats any ideas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum.

The only way to get rid of pats is reflash the ecm with a *tune* that disables it.

Why not just fix the problem instead?

Your topic would get more views if posted in the appropriate generation vehicle forum. (edit: I see the topic has now been moved there.)

2002 no crank I want to know how to completely disable pats any ideas
Welcome, as JC states, fix problems.
I also was totally surprised finding out the PATS is irrevocable.
Owner should have option, but that will never happen, so you have 2 choices, get rid of vehicle, or repair.
With an OBD2 Scan tool Compatable with FORSCAN, you will be able to pinpoint the problem.
That is where to begin, as many times the issues are in programming vs parts replacement.

The only way to remove PATS is to replace the ECM with a non-PATS ECM from a fleet version of your vehicle. They are very hard to find.

It's cheaper to just invest in the equipment to manage the PATS system yourself.

A cheap Windows 7 laptop. FREE ForScan Software, and a $40 USB OBDII interface is all you need to program PATS.

and of course two unique chip keys. No clones.

PATS_NotIssue.png

I don't have statistics to back up the following statement, but unless something unusual happened, the most common cause of PATS preventing starting is the transceiver module around the ignition lock cylinder failing. It is not coded nor any programming needed, is a simple plug and play swappable part.

Heh, when someone's first post is how to disable a vehicle security system, without much (or fishy) background reasons why, I always wonder if they're trying to steal it.

I don't have statistics to back up the following statement, but unless something unusual happened, the most common cause of PATS preventing starting is the transceiver module around the ignition lock cylinder failing. It is not coded nor any programming needed, is a simple plug and play swappable part.

Heh, when someone's first post is how to disable a vehicle security system, without much (or fishy) background reasons why, I always wonder if they're trying to steal it.

I've also heard of ECU's "forgetting" the keys after a battery change.

Fix it, or get a custom tune. Only real options like mentioned above. You can’t bypass it by removing stuff or adding jumpers.

i have a 1999 ford ranger 3.0.the pats module is bad.unfortunately this part has been discontinued.so im looking for part #1L2Z-19G365-AB OR ONE THAT WILL INTERCHANGE.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

i have a 1999 ford ranger 3.0.the pats module is bad.unfortunately this part has been discontinued.so im looking for part #1L2Z-19G365-AB OR ONE THAT WILL INTERCHANGE.ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Car-part dot com

Choose vehicle,
Select electrical
Select computer other

You should see a list, theft is on the list. With part numbers

The part number you posted is incorrect. It is for a bypass for a aftermarket remote start system and is not needed for the vehicle to function with the proper key.

Back