nobodyspecials registry | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

nobodyspecials registry

nobodyspecial's 2000 Mountaineer Elite Registry

Hey, I guess I can add myself in here. Have been elite for a while, but never got around to it.

Here is what my Mountaineer looked like when I bought it for $1000.

All the parts were laying in the back, smashed, but there. I reassembled it and left it at that. I cut the front fenders, installed warrior shackles in the rear and got some adapters to run the wheels and 31X10.5 tires off of my F150.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice!

Is that what it currently looks like? Or have you fixed it up even more?

I havent put a new fender on it yet (probably won't) and the grill surround is still broke. Other than that, the only thing body wise that I am going to get fixed is the door pillar on the passenger side is bowed in a bit from the accident and those two door dont line up/seal perfectly. I am going to get that pulled out and call it good. Since I only have 1000 into the vehicle, I figure I can spend money on functional parts rather than cosmetic repairs.

I am getting ready to buy a bumper from this guy:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804730

(waves at nobodyspecial)

wassszappenin dood?

(goes back to trolling the M8 boards)

Hey! Hows it going! I still peek in on LvC every now and again, make sure you aren't getting into too much trouble. :D

Well, it has been entirely too long since I have updated this, things have changed a bit.

I did a little bit of herculiner work and grabbed a new set of tires, and picked up a BW4406 manual transfer case. The swap went great, and its the best mod I have done so far. I get better gas mileage with 2wd, and I have 4hi and 4lo when needed. I recommend it to everybody.

Here is the breakdown:
2000 Mountaineer
302 V8/auto
BW4406 Manual Transfer Case
BFG KM2s 255/85R16
16" Black Rock USA wheels, flat black
RLC Front winch bumper

S1053411.jpg

S1050284.jpg

S10503212.jpg

S1050331.jpg

S1050320.jpg

It weathered the winter like that, and the narrow 33" KM2s did excellent in the deep snow and ice of ND winters:
7e69d276.jpg

I felt that it was in need of an update, so things changed a little more, here it is hiding at the lake:
4a882ed2.jpg

7872b550.jpg

I like the green. Badass lookin truck. You need to get a winch on the bumper.

Yes, I know I do. With our house being flooded, and our basement collapsing, other things are occupying our finances right now. :D

Yes, I know I do. With our house being flooded, and our basement collapsing, other things are occupying our finances right now. :D

That definitely ranks above a winch. Hope you get everything sorted out.

nice mounty

Great looking mounty:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sorry 'bout your house:thumbdwn:

Back