• Register Today It's free!

Noisey Sunroof

scribsac

Reaction score
City, State
Circleville, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport 4x4
I'm sure that anyone in here who has a sunroof knows that they are windy and noisey. However, mine seems to be particularly so. It does not leak water, but it is rather noisey. I was wondering if anyone has a cheap and clean solution to making it less noisey. I don't want to spend a lot of $$$, but neither do I want to do something that looks rediculous. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe insulating it with some form of weatherstripping that attatches by adhesive on one side. But I really have no other ideas in mind.

The factory sunroof ( moonroof ) in my '99 is completely silent.

scribsac said:
I'm sure that anyone in here who has a sunroof knows that they are windy and noisey. However, mine seems to be particularly so. It does not leak water, but it is rather noisey. I was wondering if anyone has a cheap and clean solution to making it less noisey. I don't want to spend a lot of $$$, but neither do I want to do something that looks rediculous. The only thing that comes to my mind is maybe insulating it with some form of weatherstripping that attatches by adhesive on one side. But I really have no other ideas in mind.

Get some lubricant spray and spray a lot in the two ducts or track that the sunroof travels, this fixed my noise problem ;)

ExplorerSportNu said:
Get some lubricant spray and spray a lot in the two ducts or track that the sunroof travels, this fixed my noise problem ;)

Ditto, I used some WD-40 up in that sucker and the noise is a thing of the past

Roy
K&N Filter
Flowmaster

Back