North East PA run, Sept. 5-6? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

North East PA run, Sept. 5-6?

We'll plug the disco ball into some one's inverter! As always, bring your rescue supplies, ie, straps, shovels, jacks. I'll bring the spirits, my local liquor store must be wondering where I've been all week. >< Any requests?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like we have a lively bunch going :D Sorry I haven't been on more, Chris and I have been working non-stop on our Explorers, trying to get them in more reliable shape for this. As is, I may have to borrow you on Saturday night, Jay... takes two people to get my trans X-member back in place (THANKS ROOKIE :p: ). Zap, sorry you can't make it- wish you were feeling better! I see there's some confusion as to what/where/when: Saturday evening there might be some light night wheeling but it's not set in stone. Most likely we'll be chilling at our house, having China Buffet for dinner and doing last minute truck repairs. As far as I know, it's Jay & his girl, and our friend Five staying over Sat night... our house isn't all that big, but there's always floor room if anybody else planned on heading out Sat night. Sunday morning around 10-11ish we'll be heading out from our house here in Freeland. Before we hit any trails, we stop at the Turkey Hill in Hazleton to grab lunches and gas, as well as meet up with the other locals who are coming with us.

I'm not gonna lie: some of the trucks going are really well built and intend on hitting black level trails. We'll try to run only trails that have bypasses for you stockers, but there will be some points where it's heavily suggested that you park and watch instead, if not flat out riding along in a larger Explorer. Morgan has two open spots if necessary, and Skunk can probably swing a passenger or two as well. If you're down for scenic stuff only, Sunday night into Monday would be your best bet.

The idea is to wheel the more difficult stuff Sunday, return to Freeland for a BBQ at our house (and showers, if you want one), then head out at last light to set up camp. The overlook we'll be staying at is about 15 minutes away and stockers can get to it with no problem. Axe murderers need not apply ;)

Oh, and we have one of those small pool table/air hockey/finger football/table tennis (or beer pong :D) thingamabobs in our living room! No disco balls, but we have a really bright neon beer sign....

Booo!

everyone coming: so what do I need to bring?

me: alcohol, non-broken truck, alcohol, balls

everyone coming: but what if I dont want to possibly scratch/dent/break my truck wheeling it?

me: ride along with someone else

me... again: how much wheeling experience does everyone have? so I know how to plan the trails we run

zapper, i forgot about your shoulder. sorry to hear your not makin it. feel better man

as always im down for whatever, im easy

linds if u need a hand with morgan no problem, just remember me transmissions and not being sober do not go well together so if you want all your bolts back in place make sure we do it while i can think straight....

im so glad im no longer the one evryone has to plan what i can follow through and what i cant....

Jay & his girl,

i just like the sound of that.... :D

Unless you have the parts/time to help me fix the u-joint on the green explorer I'll be bringing the red one, a stock 92 Sport. Not concerned about body damage as long as I can get home. I guess I'd say moderate trail experience? (Whatever Ruash was.) Obvs I can't handle the stuff you big guys can so I'll just wait on the bypasses or whatever. More importantly, where the heck are you guys located so I can plan accordingly? (ie, go back to sleeep or not)>

Me and Lynne are definately game for Sunday. Not so sure if she wants to camp, she wants(has) to work on Monday.

Yes, a phone number or address to the house would be most helpful. (Private message)

I would consider my self an intermediate and with a stock 2x4 instead of my Cherokee, I would be glad to observe the trucks that really take a beating and be glad its not me.

Not worried about scratches, dents and dings, the girl heas been "Rode hard, and put up wet!"

I guess I need an address for the Turkey Hill in Hazelton. ETA 10:30-11???

:peace

Seeing as how I aquired my Eddie a few months ago and lost my job not to long ago I don't have the money to put into my truck. It's stock for now. I don't mind doing some mild trails and then watching the more modded trucks take on harder trails.

I might be able to make it up there tonight for the buffet and night ride. What time where you planning on going to the buffet and night riding??

Ok... first off.... Jay... you may have a girl (minus a bulge I'd hope) but you still love the... umm... u know.

Bats: what u-joint is blown (location)?

mawrazen: your only 2x4? if so, you will need to ride along as the access trails even require 4wd for sunday. Theres plenty of room in various trucks to ride with.

Nosveten: you'll be fine, I'll keep the carage minimal.

Everyone: we're meeting here (our house) tonight, around 7-8pm ish... Jimmy Buffet shortly there after... wheelin, whenever afterwards, I will PM the address and a contact number to anyone who needs it, if you dont get it (and need it, Jay, you already know where we live) within an hour of this post, please post here to request it.

EDIT: bring warm clothes, temps dropped up here, gonna be in the 40's the next few nights, so be sure to bring sweatshirts and such.

mawrazen, as skunk already said youll have to find a seat, we'll squeze you in somewhere

bats, wouldn't even attempt that repair without a weekend to kill... he blew the center u joint in the ttb... stock ttb with c clips

erm, im already here so i missed the meeting time memo... so umm deal with it...

and shh... dont tell her about our thing... she dosnt have to know yet

I'm sitting 3 feet from you jay, but ok, yeah, the ttb sucks.... hows life?... 3.. umm feet away

lifes not to bad from this end of the couch *waves hi to spas in the kitchen* how you doin over there...

werd.... its aight in these here parts...

For the mild trails I can have a passenger. And if need be I can put up one of the rear seats, only if I need to though.

Which turkey hill in hazelton i called off work so which one so i can time it 924 ,airport road ...

Is the Turkey Hill the on at rt. 940/28th st and church by McDonald's? Or down by 27th st and Church near DD?

I plan on being at one of those TH's by 10:15-30am. I hope that's a good time to meet.

It's the new Turkey Hill right at the entrance to Humboldt, exit 143 off 81 (I believe it's near Commerce Drive). It's west of the exit, and you can see it from 81. We probably won't be down there until 11am, but we'll try :) Hope to see you guys tomorrow!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it near a Residence Inn Hazleton, 1 New street, hazelton, pa? Because I'm looking for the TH at exit 143 off of 81 but nothings showing, must not be updated yet.

Back