Now what? Ford + Firestone no more?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Now what? Ford + Firestone no more?!

artt

Reaction score
City, State
lala land
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99-'00 Sport?
You've all heard the news...

Looks like the orgy of X safety recall is not over yet; even 2002 model got tire problem (ouch!). The new Firestone CEO just called off the partnership with Ford and released statement that Ford should be blame just as much and "these tires are safe..." while accusing Ford of "casting doubt on the quality of Firestone tires."

Is this a publicity stunt? Kicking someone while he's down? Maybe Bridgestone/Firestone just don't want to afford anymore recalls. Isn't Firestone is still under investigation..., the whole thing stinks like the cage of my guinea pigs after weeks w/o cleaning..., speaking of which, I should get my hands dirty now.

Anyway, I think customers profit the most; we don't have to buy anymore Ford w/ those cheap, C rated F******stone tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is great news.

Firestone is a joke. If you go back in history and check which companies have had more problems in the past, you will find Firestone absolutely sucks, and Ford rules. This is the first I have heard of them breaking up, and I say Firestone just gave Ford a huge gift.

The current recall was caused by a faulty conveyor belt. How fast did Ford step up on this and say hold up, we have a problem. How did firestone react? I thought so.

The only people to cast doubt on Firestone quality is Firestone.

thanks for letting me vent!

Steven

One last thing, I read somewhere (USA Today I think) that Ford is working on a recall for more Firestone tires to replace all the other questionable tires.

thank god!

the radio news says that Ford is recalling ALL Firestone tires. i've been trying to budget to replace the 285/75R15s in my Ranger with some BFG AT KOs

Back