• Register Today It's free!

Offical: Post your ST pics

Machine783

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 ST 4.6 limited
Post pictures of your Sport Tracs!! I will start.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This was my 07 XTL 4.0 Traded in for my 2010.

Aw damn, I want your 07 (assuming it's 4x4).
I'll play along, but I'll use an older photo just for something different. It was actually right after I got my AT2s installed.
0616001734-1.jpg

Nah it was 2wd. One of the reasons I got rid of it. :p:

This is me not going anywhere do to a little ICE. :(

'07 XLT 4.6L 4x4

edit...you made me want to show off my bike too!

This is me not going anywhere do to a little ICE. :(

Sad face - I'd love my ST to death if it weren't for 2wd. I'm always contemplating ditching my ST because it is 2wd, but if I did get something else it'd probably end up being AWD, not 4x4, because if I'm going to spend on the money on something else I might as well get something with better mpg.

BTW - GSU, your ST is lifted right? Sorry, I've forgotten. The photo with the ATVs makes your ST looked pretty bada*s.

BTW - GSU, your ST is lifted right? Sorry, I've forgotten. The photo with the ATVs makes your ST looked pretty bada*s.
Thanks for the compliment but nope, no lift yet, just slightly oversized tires for now....but i do see a Truxxx lift kit for mine in the future with larger tires, but that'll be in about 40k miles when my 100k warranty is up

...and btw I love my grabber AT2 tires, it made my ST look like a 4x4 machine instead of the original SUV look when I bought it

I'm talking to a shop about doing a CAI + Tuner. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. BTW he's thinking like $700 for the tuning. Does that sound about right?

I'm talking to a shop about doing a CAI + Tuner. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. BTW he's thinking like $700 for the tuning. Does that sound about right?

High.....check on Henson performance or vmptuning for a programmer plus email custom tunes

Okies. He said it was like $400 for the Tuner Gizmo and about 3 hrs on the dyno tuning it. ($100 an hr labor) :rolleyes:

I have checked out check Henson performance and vmptuning before but I had no idea where to start. I'm kinda a noob at these kinda things.

Ask him if you can have the tuner thing when he's done using it for your ST.
If what I'm thinking is correct, he's estimating $400 for something like this. Which, if he plans to keep it, instead of giving it to you when he's done, is pretty cheap IMO. Because you could end up using it for stuff in the future (you never know, and since you're paying for it - why not?).

Also, I'm pretty sure lots of places that do DYNOs, etc. have more high tech equipment that isn't vehicle specific (i.e. it runs diagnostics on your vehicle, then the programmer/technician/etc. does magic stuff). So that should knock it down to at most $400. I probably wouldn't pay more than $500 for a really good tune. $300 sounds reasonable to me.

Okies. He said it was like $400 for the Tuner Gizmo and about 3 hrs on the dyno tuning it. ($100 an hr labor) :rolleyes:

I have checked out check Henson performance and vmptuning before but I had no idea where to start. I'm kinda a noob at these kinda things.

I asked some of the local boys too when I first did the trade and one was 750 and the other was 1200......that's when I determined email custom tunes were good enough

Yes that is a legitimate price. The tuner is usually an SCT Xcalibrator3 box (sctflash.com). You keep it, its yours. It keeps your stock tune loaded in the box in case you ever want to reflash it to stock, and you can reflash new tunes into the truck yourself, if the person tuning sends you the file to do so. I have one for my truck and for my car.

$300 dyno tuning is quite good. It's about $350 here. $500 for vehicles with a supercharger.

Thanks for the help you guys. :D I should get some more info in the next few days. I'll keep you posted!! :salute:

0016.jpg

0026.jpg

Holy CRAP look at this thing!! Love the color!!!

Do those wheels have positive camber?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine.

v9Jt2.jpg

Fi8RX.jpg

Mods:
Removed front License Plate holder.
Added Truck Champ Nerf Bars.
Added AVS In-Channel Vent Visors.
Was going to get wheels but instead upgraded tires from 235 to 255.
Replaced all "white" lights with Superbright LED's real white lights.
Tinted front windows to match the rear.
Replaced OEM radio with a JVC headunit.
Added MTX amp and 8" Bazooka.

Future Mods:
Get a freaking remote started. Winter mornings are horrible.
Get a chrome bull bar or paint the grill black and get a black bull bar.

Back