• Register Today It's free!

Oh Shoot I Dont Know What To Do

esploder224wd

Reaction score
City, State
el paso TEXAS
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
well i have a 92 4dr xlt with a 6/4 inch custom lift and i HATE the i-beam and dont want TTB so im gonna do a sas and a soa with 40 inch irok radials or something but for sure 40's and steel wheels, c4 tranny dana 44 front and a dana 300 t-case telescopic driveshafts and i cant do it, its not that i dont have skills or tools I GOT PLENTY but its just NO TIME. so i am gonna let a local shop "get serious off road" http://getseriousoffroad.com/ but they want 9 grand and thats WITHOUT tires but they are RRREEEAAALLLLYYYY good and they know what they are doing. so what im wondering is if i should go ahead and do it with a total of about 10,500 including tires and steel wheels or if i should just scrap the sploder and go with a jeep for a fullsize bronco or 150 AARRRGGHH please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....ditch the explorer and go for a jeep?....delete your explorer-forum account....*shakes head*

if you have owned a jeep, and owned a ford, you would know the answer allready...

if you got the money to spend on that kinda thing, go for it....wouldnt catch me spending that much cash.

An FSB? You're missing out! The trend in rock crawling is smaller is better!
Buy a chassis for $3k and put a Civic engine in it at the rear, Toy axles, 5.29s, and you're good to go!

But thats just me, you let your imagination run wild :D

i wouldnt put a civic engine in anything personally...i would rather have a 2.2 or a 2.4 ecotech over a civic engine.... and thats coming from someone that would never buy a 4 banger X| although i have worked on too many of them, lol. not that im saying i know more than you or anyone, but i just dont like civic engines.

If ya got the skill i'd say do it youself. I have very little time myself, one of the major reasons it's over a year now since I started on my SAS. But whatever you want...it's your truck :)

If you got a jeep or a FSB and wanted to run those tires you'd still want to do an axle swap.

You'll want something better than a d44 for 40" meats.

DJSK8R33...he wants to get away from the ttb, 92-96 FSB's all have d44 ttb's. Still have to do an axle swap.

Iz...I have a very similar plan in the future, I want 609 hybrids though :D

cool thanks i think im gonna scrap it i dont know but it wont be my only ford i got me another sploder..... man i have the skills and tools but no time and ive been doing this stuff for a while now but what the heck is a FSB and i would never disgrace a american vehicle no matter howheavily modified i would never put an import nothing in it ..... i just cant im too PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN but you know iz i respect you cause your a mod. . . . na cause i think you know what your talking about (nice ride man)

9 grand? You can buy a used rig that's already built up for less than that. If you don't have the time to build one up, keep checking around for a trail rig someone is selling due to debt/moving/kids etc. Plenty of stuff to choose from in the south, doesn't even have to be local, just make a trip to pick it up and drive it back.

well it would have lockers front and rear 40 inch intercos steel wheels a dana 300 tranny full size dana 44 dif. 9 inch in rear with soa most likely a c4 tranny leaf springs all round hydraulic steering all round trac bars removable roof (like broncos) cut after passenger seat full cage ahhhhh i cant decide

hey what do explorers in your guys areas go for with 2wd custom 6 inch lift in front and 4 in rear with 31 10.50 kumho road ventures M/T s with 3000 watts of stereo juice new paint (not anymore) sratched and few small dents oh and only 1500 on the tranny

I wont sell you mine for 9K. Dont think so....

However i will tell you to go read the solid axle reg's and solid axle projects. However there are not that many projects going on right now but there are some good write up's.

Nothing personal, but a D44 can't handle 40's. Sure you can put alloy shafts and joints in it, but they won't last. If you are dead set on 40's you better find a pair of D60's.

fsb = full size bronco

lol... good points...but im selling my splorer and im buying a jeep...why would ANYONE that thinks they work on cars buy a pre-built anything thats for wussy's or posers
if anyone wants it, its yours for a price.... and ill email you pics of it and give you a thousand off for your trip down here if you buy it email me at exploder224wd@yahoo.com or if you want ill pm you my number. but it wont be the last of my explorers i have another one with everything basically that i listed above but it has rockwells on it and big ole farm tires (not legal for sure).

Back