• Register Today It's free!

Oil pan Gasket

All out

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Lauderdale, fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer sport trac
well as I get the parts together to do the V8 swap had to do a trans swap rear main was nice and dry now I have an engine oil leak looking like top of the oil pan not the lower pan. I have a 2002 2wd can I change it with out motor and trans still in the truck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the valve covers. They are known for leaking. I thought the same, but my right valve cover was the leak.

Check the valve covers. They are known for leaking. I thought the same, but my right valve cover was the leak.

Ditto. My valve covers (especially the right side) were leaking badly. After replacing them my engine stays almost completely dry, but the right side still leaks a little. Enough to drip a dime sized spot on my driveway where I usually park. If it wasn't such a PITA to change it I'd try replacing it again.

So doesn't look like valve cover at all and trans was just out so we took the flywheel off and rear main was dry put the trans back in and now crazy leaking. For south Fl while it sat we had a couple cold days just a guess maybe upper oil pan or could the rear main just start pouring o and engine was swapped not long ago with new rear main put in at that time and it never leaked

Back