oil pump and timing chain water pump combo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

oil pump and timing chain water pump combo

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
i see that there are sales of the oil pump water pump and timing chain for the 94 all in one kit with gasket or two

we have the instruction for changing the water pump great write up looking for the oil pump ( melling) and timing chain tutorial with pics

currently i feel the truck has an intermittent problem with oil as there is at times warm up vibrations after a second and third start like poor volumizing
untill it is fully under a long run it typically smooths out ..my oil is clean

recently replaced my alternator it was toast but not any idler pullies but diagnosing my motor while running using the stethescope method i can hear a deep slow grind sound like a mill stone rolling on a iron table well not that bad but sounds like a large plate rotating without oil on another plate but its hard to tell i guess it could be a bad pully off the ac or ? or possibly the oil pump hopefully not the crank

the oil pump would account for poor flow occasional rocker arm clatter and vibration untill the truck volumes out on a full run so mabe its time to change

the kits come with all three items oil pump water pump and timing chain and gear id like to see a tutorial on the oil pump change out as well as the timing gear replacement i here a sloppy chain can cause a real problem so doing all three would be good

after 200k its time to change the oil and water pump

P.S i dont see a electronic oil pump mod the only motor that fires turning the ignition key is the fuel pump he ha .... we know the story and todays thinner synthetics leave questions on residual oil in the top end

any comments on location or suggested replacements for friction issues under the hood would be great or any tutorial links would be great

thanks guys dont be affraid to give me bad news im buying an engine stand eventually to put up a fresh 4.0l build for my little street and trail bit*** :D

Back