opinions on flowmaster | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

opinions on flowmaster

gotcha explorer99xlt....ive been looking for one myself for awhile now, cant seem to find anybody w/ single out

I've had a Borla on my V8 for 10 years now. Sounds great!

I run Flowmaster's 00-01 V8 catback kit on my 5.0. It is a decent system, but I wish that I would have known that it doesn't fit the Mountaineer, but does fit the Explorer. I was able to get the hangers bent so that it would fit the Mountaineer, but I still have a problem with the pipe hitting the right rear leaf spring.

Anyway, it has a nice deep, throaty sound, but almost too quiet for me. It's a 50 series "Big Block" muffler. I'm thinking about ditching the entire system altogether and getting a custom system with dual Flowmaster 40s instead. Plus the clunk every time the suspension compresses is annoying.

In short, if you have an Explorer (not Mountaineer) and you are looking for a deep, mean tone without a lot of noise, this kit is a decent one to consider.

JMAN

OK, First, I do have a mounty V8. Same as yours
2nd I plan on going custom anyway. I'm able to get everything at wholesale prices anyway. Just lucky in who i know

3rd, and this is for everyone. I'm getting mixed reviews. Some of you are saying the flowmaster is too loud and others are saying not so bad. I guess it's all opinion

Back