Other Trucks that share same wheels?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Other Trucks that share same wheels??

AERTON

Reaction score
City, State
Teaneck, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT
What I'm trying to get at is there another 4x4's (Jeep/GMC) that you could swap wheels with, same offset, hub, bolt pattern. Not that I want a GMC wheel on my Explorer but being that Tire Rack or no one I tried will entertain a 2000 Explorer if I knew what Truck's description I could enter it would make life pretty easy.

Sorry if this has come up before I'm a newb, my Explorer is all stock till now, just want some nicer wheels. :usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

being that Tire Rack or no one I tried will entertain a 2000 Explorer

I'm confused....what do you mean by that? What info are you trying to get from the tire places?

-Joe

Well, if I knew that a Jeep Limited could use the same wheels and tires as my 2000 Ford Explorer, then I can enter that vehicles data on the TIRERACK or similar website and get a tire wheel package without being shun just because I own an Explorer. Sorry If it's not clear?

Umm, I'm not trying to sound dumb, but why can't you either search for tires for an Explorer (I tried it; it works fine) or search for a specific tire size that you're looking for (tried that too)? TireRack offers plenty of tire/wheel packages for an Explorer. I see them listed in Car and Driver every month....

On the contrary, I don't want to be the dumb one here but I cannot get wheels for my 2000 Explorer at Tirerack, I even called them, they suggested Discount Tire, same thing. I noticed that you have a 98 Explorer so I used that and the word Explorer does not even come up?!? What am I doing wrong?

On the contrary, I don't want to be the dumb one here but I cannot get wheels for my 2000 Explorer at Tirerack, I even called them, they suggested Discount Tire, same thing. I noticed that you have a 98 Explorer so I used that and the word Explorer does not even come up?!? What am I doing wrong?

It all has to do with the Firestone law suits. Everyone is afraid if they sell something for an Explorer and it fails that they will be sued.

Use Ranger for your search and it will work.

Personaly I would try Summit Racing or Jegs. Discount Tire & Tire Rack do not carry as many wheels.

From what I know Explorers, Rangers, Mounties, Navajos, Mustangs, Jeep GC, Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler all have the same 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Im not sure on exactly the years though.

Back