overdrive light blinking clunky shifting down into the starting gear. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

overdrive light blinking clunky shifting down into the starting gear.

--Alex--

Reaction score
City, State
colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 explorer sport
hi, i have recently had a problem with my overdrive light blinking and a clunky shift into the starting gear. i have looked around and i suspect that the problem could be the torque converter, but I'm not sure so i thought i should ask. i have checked my fluids and they are fine. the clunky shifts seem to be getting better over time. my overdrive still works and i can still turn it off. any thoughts?

thanks
Alex

overdrive light blinking is because u have an errocode stored for you tranny..

I had sort of the same experience a while back.

Fliud levels were fine, but when the tranny got warm, it made those clunking sounds shifting the gears. And it was slipping a bit in 4th. O/D was ok.

I changed the fluid & filter and it ran like a champ again.

How long since your last fluid change? and filter? If you have no idea when these things have been done, i would suggest you get it done.. I cant tell you this is your problem. I was when i had this similar issue..

But then. If you have changed this no too long ago. Maybe you should look somewhere else.
But get that code read. It will tell you what kind of problem youre dealing with...

Regards!

Ole

i changed the fluid about a month, month and a half ago.but i have no idea about the filter. ill replace the filter and see what happens. thanks for the help!

Back