• Register Today It's free!

Oxygen sensors help.

Metta

Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 4.0 V6 Auto SOHC
Hey guys, so I’ve ordered some Oxygen sensors, however they’ve came and the wire is shorter no where near the right length and the color wires are wrong so can’t even join them. I’m from UK so unsure how I would send them back to rock auto also the threads seem to be different?

Can anyone please advice I’m at the end of my tether really need some advice here’s a photo for reference.

9BB0E421-EF9C-4D89-B46A-25E4A77144C0.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys, so I’ve ordered some Oxygen sensors, however they’ve came and the wire is shorter no where near the right length and the color wires are wrong so can’t even join them. I’m from UK so unsure how I would send them back to rock auto also the threads seem to be different?

Can anyone please advice I’m at the end of my tether really need some advice here’s a photo for reference.

View attachment 434922
Go to rock auto web site or you should have received a email statement your item was delivered. Either or. Put in your order number. There should be a screen that ask you if you are happy with the part. Just out in there part dies not fit your car. Than they will response, either sending you a return label slip or asking if you want a refund or they will send you a new part.

Go to rock auto web site or you should have received a email statement your item was delivered. Either or. Put in your order number. There should be a screen that ask you if you are happy with the part. Just out in there part dies not fit your car. Than they will response, either sending you a return label slip or asking if you want a refund or they will send you a new part.

Thanks man do you have any idea what sensors I actually need? 😭

QUOTE="DemonMudder, post: 3966575, member: 362871"]
I'm not sure about shipping for the UK or anything, I'll have to look on rock auto too, but these are the same ones I threw on my '99 4.0 sohc
Personal preference, but these are motorcraft ones that should work off of rock auto.

[/QUOTE]

Hello sorry for the late reply, did the Amazon ones fit and how long was the cable? Distance seems quite a lot? Are the wires black white and grey?

Personal preference, but these are motorcraft ones that should work off of rock auto.

Hello sorry for the late reply, did the Amazon ones fit and how long was the cable? Distance seems quite a lot? Are the wires black white and grey?
[/QUOTE]

Says there are four wires, off hand I'm not sure, been over a year since I did 'em. I'll be back home in a day or so and can crawl under and look, but the length on the page says Length (Sensor to Lead): 18.9inch; sounds at least close to right, but as said, been awhile. They did just fine, worked well and fixed my codes. Also, dont worry too much about the cable length as long as its longer than needed, can always zip tie the extra out of the way and what not, I'd only worry if they're too short, but those shouldnt be

Back