• Register Today It's free!

oxygen sensors not ready?

zpexploder

Reaction score
City, State
Kelseyville Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT V8 2WD HHO & Volo
I am running check with my scan tool and getting catalyst not ready, oxygen sensor not ready and heated o2 sensor not ready. Anyone know exactly what my problem is?

Thanx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long had the engine been running when you did the check?

i just repaired the o2 sensors

I repaired them and ran the motor for 2 minutes. Not long enough? I will go for a drive and check again later.

ya i think you gotta let it run longer.

o2 sensor signal

Does the o2 sensor ground have a fluctuating signal?

Let it warm up from cold idling for a few minutes then drive it at a steady speed 45MPH plus for a few minutes.

welcome

Code p1131

I am now getting code p1131. Bad o2 sensor bank sensor 1? Should I replace? Would this explain the oxygen sensor not ready on my scan tool?

p131 code.

I had installed an efie to the sensor and it gave me some trouble so I removed it and re-attached the o2 sensor wires (back to stock) now i am getting the p1131 code.

Was the efie installed to try and shut the check engine light off or for another reason? If it was for another reason, what did you need it for? Also, did you cut wires during installation of the efie? If so, in what way did you repair the wires after removing the efie?

Efie & Hho

I installed the efie for my Hydrogen on demand system. I pulled it due to too lean of a condition. I simply reattached the cut sensor wires with connectors.

If the sigtnal wire on the o2 sensor was not connected completely would this cause the p1131 condition?

Yes. The wires must have a good clean connection. Any connection you make could introduce enough resistance to throw the sensor voltage low (lean) at the harness end by a few millivolts unless you're very good at making crimp connections and have it sealed water tight.

Back