• Register Today It's free!

paint in bedliner

jdmpropels

Reaction score
City, State
Palm Coast FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 ford ranger
Im considering doing away with the plastic bed liner and going with the paint in. Im thinking of doing it myself to save some money. I have seen the how to threads and it seems easy enough does anybody have any idea on how well well the do it your self bedliner holds up. advanced auto parts here in town sells a kit made by duplicolor has anybody used this and have any opinions.

thanks

I've done mine, it work fairly well. I used a gallon of the stuff. I think it is still not thick enough for optimal protection. I would go with 2 gallons and allow it to dry from layer to layer.

I've used the duplicolor brand and whatever brand walmart sells on a few different vehicles. I wasn't too pleased with either. If I ever do another vehicle I will use Herculiner, it's more expensive, but from what I've read it holds up a lot better then either brand that I have tried.

I used the walmart brand one before what ever it was and it didn't last very long and scratched easy. Spend a little more and go with Herculiner.

Back