painted headlights vrs. Ebay black headlights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

painted headlights vrs. Ebay black headlights

I hate the idea of tinting headlights, I like to have as much visible light come out as possible and when you put on coats of that nightshade stuff it restricts that. Same deal with the taillights, I'd rather have super bright ones that signal where my vehicle begins to poor drivers behind me than blacked out cool ones with a red glow.

I paid the extra money for my blacked out taillights, and love them for 2 reasons. They let the same amount of light out as stock housings would, and they actually give the taillight a different pattern, it has a "disco ball" effect around the bulb to make it look like a cluster of LEDs instead of a single bulb.
_273622205984772_100000109837897_1272868_4919408_n.jpg

I haven't picked up a set of the eBay lights yet, but what I can tell from other users and the pics, the fronts are lightly smoked, and the majority of the black you see is from the inside of the housing. If that makes sense. In other words, the housings I have now have clear bottoms and sides, the eBay ones are blacked out on the inside and the fronts are smoked. Or so I think.

EDIT:

The link from swshawaii is what I would do if I were to do it myself though. I see to many people on campus who just spray tint their whole housings and it may look cool but its unsafe.

Damn, scope. That looks nice. Where'd you get those?

A user on mySt sold them for like $40. They're on eBay for $60-100 I believe. Thanks btw :) havent seen you on in awhile!? Where you been

Back