parking brake assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

parking brake assembly

pjcar

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ranger
2000 Ford Ranger 4 cyl
Cable broke under dash. Removed parking brake assembly which was jammed and could not move foot pedal. The main spring around center of assembly wouldn't allow pedal adjustment to move so as to remove old cable. Finally realized main spring may be anchored in wrong place. Released spring from where it was and then I was able to move the toothed piece on the part where the cable is attached to get at cable end and remove. If I place the main spring back where I originally found it the pedal is will not move. I attached it to a post on the assembly and it seems to work ok. It sits near the edge of the post so I am not sure this is where it belongs. I am not a mechanic but my job called for me to repair teletype machines which were very intricate so I am up to the task
If you could describe where the spring should be anchored or better yet where to go for a diagram of the assembly it will be greatly appreciated.
Also the cable routing through the assembly looks obvious but I would feel better if I could see a diagram or description.

Thanks

Back