For Sale - Parting out 1992 4 Door Explorer 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Parting out 1992 4 Door Explorer 4x4

Just brought home a 1992 4-door Explorer I will be parting out the next week or two. It is an automatic 4x4 and does run but tranny is not happy. Brown/tan interior. I will ship smaller things while bigger stuff is local pickup in 87110.

Update: Only things left are r&l knuckles, 1 auto hub, driveshafts and complete 4.0l engine

Post what you are looking for or message me and I will let you know if I have it in good condition or not and I will send a price.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Whats the axle code ?
I'm looking for a set of 3:73 gears, front & rear.

Whats the axle code ?
I'm looking for a set of 3:73 gears, front & rear.

I believe it was D4 so it does have 3.73s. I don't want to part out the rear axle just yet as I am trying to sell it whole locally but I can pull the front gears out for you no problem. Would you want the whole diff or just the ring and pinion? I'd sell the front gears for $50 either way but depending on what you want the shipping could be a lot. Should only be $10-14 to ship the ring and pinion but a lot more to ship whole diff. Let me know, I'm out of town this week but could get them pulled out next week.

I believe it was D4 so it does have 3.73s. I don't want to part out the rear axle just yet as I am trying to sell it whole locally but I can pull the front gears out for you no problem. Would you want the whole diff or just the ring and pinion? I'd sell the front gears for $50 either way but depending on what you want the shipping could be a lot. Should only be $10-14 to ship the ring and pinion but a lot more to ship whole diff. Let me know, I'm out of town this week but could get them pulled out next week.
Just the ring and pinion. However, I am wanting a positive traction rear too. I believe the correct term is limited slip ? Anyway, my 8.8 has a 3:27 open (41 code) and it totally sucks ! LOL
EDITED: Send me a private message with your Paypal.
Thanks !
Darn, 2nd EDIT:
All Dana 35s on the front have limited slip, correct ? If not, I may want the whole thing. Either way, I've got your money.

Back