• Register Today It's free!

Passenger door rattle from audio

Chrisrj8084

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
So in my 2016 sport with the Sony system I have noticed what I thought was the speaker going out. So I popped the door panel off and replaced the speaker. Now I'm still hearing what I thought was speaker static but now seems to be coming from something in the door.

Anyone know of any loose areas I should look for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any interference? if it sounds like static. if not could be one of those clips loose or not push din all the way

any interference? if it sounds like static. if not could be one of those clips loose or not push din all the way
Yeah I am going to take the door off again and check for anything loose inside and try and pinpoint the issue. Thanks

Yeah I am going to take the door off again and check for anything loose inside and try and pinpoint the issue. Thanks
If you don't find anything obvious, you could try driving with the panel off and a co-pilot to try and find the issue.

Peter

My issue after upgrade was the tab that the bolt threads though for the door pull. I used kill mat in between the piece and the metal door. After that was one of the popits not being all the way in.

Figured out the culprit. The window switch rattles inside it's housing in the door. Wedged some paper in there and it seems to have corrected it.

There is a rattle I can hear outside the door so gonna have to pull the panel and see where that's coming from.

Figured out the culprit. The window switch rattles inside it's housing in the door. Wedged some paper in there and it seems to have corrected it.

There is a rattle I can hear outside the door so gonna have to pull the panel and see where that's coming from.
If/when you pull the door card, look for an off whiteish clip that usually hold those switches in.

Back