Passenger Quarter Panel 10" subwoofer box for '07 XLT? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Quarter Panel 10" subwoofer box for '07 XLT?

mizzotch

Reaction score
City, State
Honolulu, HI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
I did a bunch of searching on this topic already and it appears a right quarter panel aftermarket box which will fit a 10" sub was only made for the early explorers.

I'm doing an install on a friend's 07 XLT w/ rear AC (basic sound from factory) and am looking for a custom sub box which would go in the stock factory sub location.

I understand I could just get a factory sub assembly and use that, but I'd like to at least get a 10" in there since I've got a decent 5 channel Eclipse amp driving it all. I've seen the JL stealth box- why the hell did they make it fit the driver's side??? Are there no custom 10" boxes which will fit in the factory sub location? Is this going to turn into some crazy glassing project?

We would like it to be an extremely slick install which doesn't take up space and looks stock. Anyone have some advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

cut a piece of wood to fit in there then get a sony explode or some thing and put it in.

Any reputable shop could easily get close to 1-1.5 cubes out of there without any glass. Also I believe MTX has an enclosure that fits under the seat with a 10" sub in it. Or like mental help said dynomat the inside and mount a 10" free-air.

There isn't much room behind the panel on the passenger side, plus you have the filler neck for the gas tank. The JL box goes on the driver's side because there is a lot more room on that side. Plus, the factory sub is on the driver's side as well on the 3rd gen trucks.

Thanks for the words guys. Judging from the replies, it just doesn't seem to be worth persuing an install in the passenger quarter panel for a 10". Since it has factory rear air, the driver's side is out. So, I guess that leaves me with a Q Logic truck box strapped up against the back of the seats under the cargo cover- which isn't so bad. I would think about installing the stock sub, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the sound of the 10".

Thanks

Thanks for the words guys. Judging from the replies, it just doesn't seem to be worth persuing an install in the passenger quarter panel for a 10". Since it has factory rear air, the driver's side is out. So, I guess that leaves me with a Q Logic truck box strapped up against the back of the seats under the cargo cover- which isn't so bad. I would think about installing the stock sub, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the sound of the 10".

Thanks

You could just use a stock enclosure and put a aftermarket 8" sub in it. just hook it up to your amp. Thats what i did and i can get some pretty hard hitting bass from it.

Back