Passenger Side Valve Cover Removal - Tips? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Passenger Side Valve Cover Removal - Tips?

Bobby Hill

Reaction score
City, State
Chanhassen, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Sport XLT
Hi all,

Curious if anybody has done this lately on their Sport or Sport Trac. I have an oil leak coming from the passenger side valve cover (03 Sport) and I’m trying to determine the best way to attack this job. It’s leaking down onto the exhaust manifold and makes a stinky mess that I’m tired of smelling. I was able to replace the driver side without much trouble, but the passenger side looks more involved. My most specific concern is removing the heating/ac unit from the firewall. While working under the truck last weekend, it occurred to me that removing the inner fender liner and working from below might allow me much better access for removing this unit and reaching the rear bolts on the valve cover.

If anybody can confirm any techniques that worked for them that might make the job a little bit easier, it would sure be appreciated by myself and folks who may search for tips on this project in the future.

Thanks as always,

Brian.

That is a very helpful document...thank you much.

Brian.

Back