Performance 4R70W (Opinions Wanted) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Performance 4R70W (Opinions Wanted)

shucker1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0

I have the performance automatic rebuild kit with the red clutches and their 1800 stall intercepter(I think) torque converter in my Ranger. Also got upgraded bands and valve body kit through them. I spent about $750 through them. Then I got a few 4r75 parts through the dealer to mix in at the same time. It's got over 4 years and almost 20k beaten the crap out of miles on it. No complaints other than it shifts slightly on the firm side.

Just to add I just bought the parts and had it built by a friend of mine. I don't have any experience with buying a full trans from them.

Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. The main thing I really want is for them to rebuild "My Transmission Case" and not do a core exchange.

I'm the original owner of the rig and I've done all of the work on it so I know it's history.

I just don't have the special tooling needed or the space required to tackle the transmission myself. If I did I would.

But wonder, could one a them smaller-sized gas compressors be used as a supercharger?

IMP,

On one type of the big stationary units we actually use a Screw Type Supercharger as a starter.
Neat idea actually. Stuff in 285 PSI air and your get a 700 HP starter.

Back